What is your favorite Arabic Food?

Just want to know your favorite one.

babaganush yum yum YUMMY!

Thanks Alliecat for your reply. But in all honesty, it is my first to heared this food "babaganush". What is this food all about and what are the ingredients basically.

For me, my all time fav is the Lamb Chops and Spareribs... Tastes really good.

Phool-Tameez or Phool Dal

ronald.domingo17 wrote:

Thanks Alliecat for your reply. But in all honesty, it is my first to heared this food "babaganush". What is this food all about and what are the ingredients basically.

Mashed eggplant with olive oil and spices.

Baba Ghanoush

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4874084258416273&pid=15.1

Original recipe makes 1 1/2 cups Change Servings

Ingredients

1 eggplant

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/4 cup tahini

2 tablespoons sesame seeds

2 cloves garlic, minced

salt and pepper to taste

1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
    Place eggplant on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft. Remove from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water, and peel skin off.
    Place eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, and garlic in an electric blender, and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Are those arabic, dave? Hearing words such as "Phool" or "Dal" makes me think of...Indian or Pakistani food :rolleyes:

houstonian wrote:
ronald.domingo17 wrote:

I love this dish too. It goes well with Kubbus.
We call it Hommoos or Salad here. Never heard the real name before.
I was told that it is Lebanese food, but it's a Levantine dish.

Best part is this is 100% vegetarian.

Popolocroix wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Are those arabic, dave? Hearing words such as "Phool" or "Dal" makes me think of...Indian or Pakistani food :rolleyes:

You are right, this is a Pakistani / Afghani / Indian food. But I've never eaten it like this anywhere in India.

Actually, I had that for dinner last night.

ghanshyampdave wrote:
houstonian wrote:
ronald.domingo17 wrote:

@Dave  Baba ganoush and hummus aren't the same thing.  Order them both at the same time and you're sure to see the difference!  The Turkish place on Talenteen Street has the best baba ganoush in the WORLD!

Alliecat wrote:

@Dave  Baba ganoush and hummus aren't the same thing.  Order them both at the same time and you're sure to see the difference!  The Turkish place on Talenteen Street has the best baba ganoush in the WORLD!

Ohh I'm not sure what I've eaten then. It looked similar to the picture.  :rolleyes:

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
houstonian wrote:

Babaganoush and hummus are definitely not the same.  Hummus has chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are the primary ingredient.

What city is talanteen street and what is the name of the restaurant

Bernex wrote:

Ar Riyadh, the capital of KSA. Google shows a lot of restaurants in that street.

Bernex wrote:

It's called Al Saraya.  Food is superb, good atmosphere and cheap prices.  I don't know how they do it!!

Oh, and it's in Riyadh.  Sorry!  You'll have to find a reason to come here just to have the wonderful food at Al Saraya :lol:

Arabic Sharwama (Shawarma Al Arabie) :)

Arabic hamburger.

Bruckner wrote:

Arabic hamburger.

from where you get it. I get it from one turkish res on olaya.. its awesome ham

"i like kabsa. I eat kabsa everyday" I actually had to teach that phrase to my students.

i haven't had enough arab dishes to decide which is my favourite - but yemeni kibdah is great.

Alliecat wrote:
Bernex wrote:

It's called Al Saraya.  Food is superb, good atmosphere and cheap prices.  I don't know how they do it!!

Oh, and it's in Riyadh.  Sorry!  You'll have to find a reason to come here just to have the wonderful food at Al Saraya :lol:

Oh! I know this restaurant... this is really a superb one... the food are delicious.

Bruckner wrote:

Arabic hamburger.

I havent seen an arabic hamburger...

pkmusd wrote:

Arabic Sharwama (Shawarma Al Arabie) :)

I like shawarma too, specially in Mama Noura Restaurant...

They have good burgers at the 4 Seasons.  Pricey but WESTERN beef, thick, juicy patty ... ummmm, I'm making myself hungry! :D

How does one eat a burger without spilling it on self ?

ronald.domingo17 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Bernex wrote:

Oh! I know this restaurant... this is really a superb one... the food are delicious.

Yea, al Sariya is too good.. I also dont know how they manage it.

For Kabsa, i always take it from Tazij and also Furooj (Grilled Chicken).

Yamal Hasham has v good shawarma and shish taooq.

I also like pizza (w/ Zattar or Cheese)

ronald.domingo17 wrote:

Ever eaten Pizzas at Al Sham's Pastries in Mazaroiah ?
The best ones I've had:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Camera%20Uploads/Pizza.jpg?w=b6abae22&sjid=1133

ghanshyampdave wrote:
ronald.domingo17 wrote:

Ever eaten Pizzas at Al Sham's Pastries in Mazaroiah ?
The best ones I've had:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Camera%2 … &sjid=1133

Thats very nice info...thanks

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Phool tamiz is not Arabic, its afgani food

Dajjaj Madgood, Al Baik

I havent tried Al Baik chicken in Jeddah, but mostly, they like it...

@Alliecat

I have been fan of Al Saraya for a while but then something went wrong in their foods. Be it Shawerma or Kababs. I don't know how they did it!!

Alliecat wrote:
Bernex wrote: