Relocate from Singapore to Saudi

**NEW HERE**

**RELOCATE FROM SINGAPORE TO SAUDI??**

Hi, Hope you are all doing well and hope you welcome me here :)

My name is Krish and living in Singapore at the moment and I got a job offer from a company related to Saudi Aramco (joint venture of Saudi Aramco and another company).

I earn decent in Singapore i.e. about USD 120,000/year (fixed salary + fixed allowances) and another USD 20,000/year in variable bonus. My wife is working here as well and she earns about USD 50,000/year. I pay about 12% of my earnings in income tax and my wife pays about 10% in income tax.

The company in Saudi Arabia offered me about SAR 40,000/month in fixed salary+allowances (including about 2500 in saving plan), SAR 100 visa allowance per dependent and Medical insurance for me and all dependents(wife and future kids). I have to pay all visa fee of dependents by myself. I'm not sure if there will be any mandatory deductions in Saudi to be paid by the employee or other expenses incurred as part of the job. I also want to check if wife can search for jobs once we move there, will it be relatively easy? any challenges for dependents to work there?

In addition, Can you comment on below things please?

1. I did some online research and I heard that most expats like to live in compounds (for privacy and dress comfortably), Please do correct me that is not correct.
  2. Is 'compound living' the only option for privacy and dressing comfortably (for me and my wife)? or there are other options too (like gated apartments etc.)?
  3. Are rents significantly higher in compounds? As per my research the compound rents average around SAR 10,000/month? Is that correct?
  4. The rents in apartments in open market are about SAR 2000? Is that correct?
  5. What is the cost of buying a normal car (5 seater sedan or a SUV) and monthly fuel expenses.
  6. Approx utuility expenses (power, water, internet, TV)

YOU WELCOME, Krish, Aramco is number one. in k s a , do not worry, they offer you a good salary. i will answer your questions.

you heard that most expats like to live in compounds (for privacy and dress comfortably), this is correct.

and there are many employees at Armco form korai, Singapore, China, they will lead you to join them at them compounds on anther hand your company will help you to find a good place for live. Armco located at  Dammam and al Riyadh which place you will work  ?

yes compound living' the only option for privacy and dressing comfortably (for me and my wife)? or there are other options too (like gated apartments etc.)? and more  like child grads , pools , special restaurant for your nation food , and you can get your wine drink if you are drinking alcoholic

rents  are not significantly higher in compounds,  rents average around SAR 2,000 - 3500 /month not more

The rents in apartments in open market are about SAR 1500 - 2500 /month not more

the cost of buying a normal car (5 seater sedan or a SUV) you can get it by 20k - 40 k independent on its year models and i advice you to get economy car -1600-1800cc the big car3500- 5000cc  are cheap but cost more money for fuel  and monthly fuel expenses economy car 600 -800 sr , but Non economy my be 1500 sr by month . fuel price is 2,18SR normal , but super fuel price is 2,35/ letter  sr

Approx utuility expenses (power  450 sr / monthly, water including the rent, internet150 sr  , TV 70 sr

if you need any help do not hesitate to contact me

yours WALID

RIYADH CITY

ThanksMr @walidhasan75 for your prompt response. My offer is not directly from Saudi Aramco, its from a company which is join venture of Saudi Aramco and another American Company.

1. My job location is at Dhahran.
  2. Are the rental prices and utilities you mentioned same in Dhahran or higher?
  3. What can we do for fun in and around Dhahran (on weekends etc)?
  4. How convenient is it to travel from Dhahran to other places for fun activities on weekends or holidays.

@walidhasan75

ThanksMr @walidhasan75 for your prompt response. My offer is not directly from Saudi Aramco, its from a company which is join venture of Saudi Aramco and another American Company.

My job location is at Dhahran.

Are the rental prices and utilities you mentioned same in Dhahran or higher?

What can we do for fun in and around Dhahran (on weekends etc)?

How convenient is it to travel from Dhahran to other places for fun activities on weekends or holidays.