Can a visitors visa be extended easily from the 21 days?

For some time now i have been wanting to visit the Philippines and plan to come in early 2013.We are i believe,allowed to stay 21 days without applying for a visa,which will not be enough time for me as would like to spend longer than that there.Would it be best to apply to the Embassy in South Africa before hand,or can it be done there easily?If so what will it cost?
Thank you
dkcape

Hi, you can extend ur stay another 38 days with 21 days from date of arrival. The cost is 3030 p, U will get a visa waiver.

Many thanks for the info.
dkcape

I found out recently that exists an extension of visa called VUA.

VUA means Visa Upon Arrival and can be applied inside NAIA.

The fees are 50 USD plus 510 PHP for express fees.

Is there a foreign tourist with 21 days free visa and can explained the real process experienced in the Terminal ? And the time to wait before to get it ?

It's interesting coz its cheaper but most of all coz it avoids to waste time in BI office later.

So the tourist can fly away for 59 days to provinces and beaches.

frenchync98 wrote:

I found out recently that exists an extension of visa called VUA.

VUA means Visa Upon Arrival and can be applied inside NAIA.

The fees are 50 USD plus 510 PHP for express fees.

Is there a foreign tourist with 21 days free visa and can explained the real process experienced in the Terminal ? And the time to wait before to get it ?

It's interesting coz its cheaper but most of all coz it avoids to waste time in BI office later.

So the tourist can fly away for 59 days to provinces and beaches.

What if your flight gets in at 2330hrs,will they be able to do the extension?As my flight via Qatar gets in at that awkward time.
Thanks

Good question... is it opened 7/24 ?

I hope some foreign travelers will be able to advise us.

frenchync98 wrote:

Good question... is it opened 7/24 ?

I hope some foreign travelers will be able to advise us.

Thanks,yes i do hope so.Any one know?

Hello DKCAPE,

Try to email the national office of BUREAU IMMIGRATION.
Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center ;

For now, I collected :
1/ its possible to apply VUA inside airport,
2/ the time of transit is enough to get it.

But not yet about the 7/24 opening...
eventhough I think it is coz they need to process in emergency with foreigners anytime when irregular situation at arrival and departure.

No more advices from experienced tourists on this site ?

Ok,many thanks i will email them.

Visa extension for foreigners given 21 days stay is very easy...the VUA(Visa Upon Arrival) can be applied through the Immigration officer on duty.  Once you get to the immigration officer u must tell them immediately that u wanted to stay more than 21 days before they will stamp your passport.  They will give you the visa waiver and u just have to pay the extension fee.

Great ! Nice of you to have replied.
Did you experienced that ?
Is it at the time the foreigner is at the immigration checking counter ?
...or before this step we have to find an immigration office ?
Is it quick process ?

I am a filipina but i do know some people in the immigration airport and this is what my brother always do every time he comes in Manila since he became a US citizen. 
You can apply the extension or VUA on the immigration checking counter. Just dont forget to tell them immediately that u want to extend your visa stay. It is very easy and quick.

Thank you cradle for that very useful information,as this has eased my mind.

Hi,

I confirm the process in Naia airport is easy and quick for extension of visa if u have automatiquely the 21 days at entrance = 10 minutes chrono !!!

Just you need to declare at the arrival immigration counter that you request the extension of visa before the officer handle your passport.

Then you go to immigration office near counters... an officer will lead you to cashier at departure immigration to pay = you need about 2.600PHP = cheaper than in normal office... but they refused my 50 USD even it was the official rule... be ready to use your bankcard at ATM to withdraw cash.

To end... you will come back to arrival counter and show your receipt of cashier.

Good luck and thanks the Pinay advising us how to do.

frenchync98 wrote:

Hi,

I confirm the process in Naia airport is easy and quick for extension of visa if u have automatiquely the 21 days at entrance = 10 minutes chrono !!!

Just you need to declare at the arrival immigration counter that you request the extension of visa before the officer handle your passport.

Then you go to immigration office near counters... an officer will lead you to cashier at departure immigration to pay = you need less than 3.000PHP = cheaper than in normal office.

To end you will come back to arrival counter and show your receipt of cashier.

Good luck and thanks the Pinay advising us how to do.

Its good that you have found it very easy,thanks for letting me know.Enjoy your stay.

So, 21 days, then 38 day extension-----how many times can you do repeat his second step?  My research indicated I   would have to put $10K in the bank to stay long-time.  I need an alternative.  Thank you.

ha    depends on what visa  u are applying for

retirement visa with pension  10k
without pension 50k

u can extend for 59 days at a time after the second 38 day extension     do not leave it till after
u get a i-card  after 3 months
every 2 years  u have to leave
corruption is bad    do not get involved with people that say they can make things happen for u  if u grease their palms 
last thing u want to be  is 5000 dollars down  with nothing to show for it  and no one to blame but yourself.

find a girl and get married
apply for a quota visa
U must prove income from another country

Thanks all for responding.What i did do in the end is get a 59 day visa before i left SA.It was far cheaper to get it done that way,with no hassles.

is that 10k pesos or usd?Please be clear when talking about money?

Thanks this was very useful information,thats why i love this site,we keep it real weather good or bad.

sorry  10k dollars      and  there is a new thing just launched this week  sorry
its a 6 month tourist visa  and it is available  next week  ( apparently  lol   time frames tend to be somewhat off  in this country).

Maayong Buntag or Gabii to everyone !

Well,if I understood perfectly,I can come for 21 days vacations,but as soon as I arrived to the airport,I can ask for an extension visa like the VUA,and then,before the end of this one,I can ask for my ACR-I card ?

I'll have someone,a close friend to sponsoring me,and a job and a place to stay,will that hlep me to get a permanent residency ?

Maraming Salamat for your responses.

Cordialy  Patrick.

U can extend from the airport   but u must have ph peso   
U can only get your acr I on the second extension...
For permanent resdiency  I would suggest u look at the phil immigration website.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

that will give u all the answers u need

In NAIA you can arrive with pesos or the officer can help you to withdraw fromn ATM with your bank card.

It's a little bit more than 2.500PHP for VUA.

Is it a must to show a return ticket at NAIA?

Yes, for visitors.

frenchync98 wrote:

In NAIA you can arrive with pesos or the officer can help you to withdraw fromn ATM with your bank card.

It's a little bit more than 2.500PHP for VUA.

if vua stands for  visa on arrival   -there isnt such a thing   ,you get a visa waiver on arrival  (free) which now allows one to stay for 30 days  and one would get an extension up to 59 days

amreetz wrote:

Is it a must to show a return ticket at NAIA?

need to be clearer with your question  -are you arriving or departing from naia,the first problem is at your point of departure and the airline you are flying  -if u dont have return   or onward ticket at check in ,then its the airline that may stop you from boarding.

well , actually i have a job waiting there but i will only go there and get my work visa done..it might take more than 30 days to complete that process. I'm just worried if i dont have a return ticket to show at my arrival, i might end up in problem. I'm coming from Kuala Lumpur...perhaps i would just get a cheap return ticket to Kota Kinabalu...just incase my visa takes longer time, then i can fly to Kota Kinabalu and return to Manila with another 30 days stamp..or perhaps get intouch with NBI to get an extension on my 30 days tourist visa up to 59 days.

as mentioned the problem wont be at arrival -it will be boarding the plane  -so need to have return or onward ticket   ,you can get a visa extension or arrival at airport   or in the city    ,nbi has nothing to do with  visa    its   BOI   http://www.immigration.gov.ph/