Head in the clouds?

A friend of mine and I are seriously considering moving to Mauritius. We both have our degrees and can also work online. We are currently looking for somewhere to rent and have contacted one or two estate agencies but I have a few questions and i hope someone can help :)

- How much of a concern is safety? Are there areas of the island that are particularly unsafe? We come from SA so we are not unfamiliar to crime etc.

- Is the weather a concern? I have done a bit of research but I haven't heard much on cyclones... are they serious? Is there a part of the island we should avoid?

- Which side of the island has the best weather? Or where would you recommend moving to? We have quite an idyllic idea of living on/near the beach. We're in our early twenties and want to experience a beautiful adventure for a year or so...

Hi Tash88,

Welcome to the forum, if you read all the previous posts you will get answers to all your questions and much more. In this blog we are a unique family of Mauritians and expats who will go out of their way to help you by giving you any information you require to move in to Mauritius and even to settle down once you move in.