Riyadh Fight Club

Hey guys

I guess this has probably been raised before but can't find anything so thought it would be worth a post.

I used to box in Britain and have a few friends who have done a variety of MA at different levels out here - mainly amateur and just for fitness / enjoyment. But then I have LOADS of friends out here who are angry and wound up, mainly at the wacky races on the roads every day but also at their frustration about missing family, finding it hard to make progress in.... well EVERYTHING in Saudi (exceptions to the rule I accept) and personal things in general.

I know a few little get togethers of people doing pad work etc. and maybe there are many I don't know about. Probably come to think of it.

Maybe though there isn't a 'fight club' and maybe there is demand for this? I'm not thinking betting and Russian special forces elite vs giant from Africa like in movies, just frustrated western (or elsewhere ;-)) business men (or women) windmilling for 10 minutes or until both passed out due to heat and being unfit, for a bit of enjoyment and something to focus on outside of work.

Post if you are keen, I work in King Fahd and live in Rawdah so all over Riyadh at times.

Also I play for a few football teams out here already, but if anyone knows of any other teams which require players (goalkeeper semi pro in UK for last 3 years or holding midfielder amateur level) then I am probably keen.

Cheers

safehands601

Pain is temporary, failure permanent

I used to take friends to the desert and practice MA on the sand away from the city. but that was a while back, most of them left the country. but I like the idea. I'm in!

Salman Omrani wrote:

I used to take friends to the desert and practice MA on the sand away from the city.

...in the desert? with this kind of weather? :rolleyes:... seriously, what else do you do out there :)

PinoyFreediver wrote:

...in the desert? with this kind of weather? :rolleyes:... seriously, what else do you do out there :)

guess you haven't been in deserts much huh?

Salman Omrani wrote:

I'm in!

Ummm.. did you understand the reference to 'Fight Club' ?? lol

Salman Omrani wrote:

guess you haven't been in deserts much huh?

well... I've been to desert lately but just cruisin' by 4x4 and climbing on rock formations... But NOT to the extent of practicing MA in the desert :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

I'm in!

Ummm.. did you understand the reference to 'Fight Club' ?? lol

you mean the movie right?

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought about was the line from the movie ...

"... the first rule of fight club is ... you do not talk about fight club ..."

houstonian wrote:

When I saw the title of this thread, the first thing I thought about was the line from the movie ...

"... the first rule of fight club is ... you do not talk about fight club ..."

:dumbom: for breaking the club rules ;)

Not really got the response I was hoping for. Instead it's just become a silly discussion about the movie. Great

Oh oh ! Sorry for being off topic. You see, we're no professional wrestlers or boxers.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Oh oh ! Sorry for being off topic. You see, we're no professional wrestlers or boxers.

wow, thats cute.

@Safehands601 - I know the feeling... on most of the threads this is the case... when EBs go off the topic into some silly discussion :(

shoaib629 wrote:

@Safehands601 - I know the feeling... on most of the threads this is the case... when EBs go off the topic into some silly discussion :(

:offtopic:

Hey, this looks like an old post but I've moved to Riyadh from the UK recently and would certainly be up for some boxing training. Missing my club back home. I live in Rabwa on a compound and our new gym is about to be finished. I've been told there will even be two punchbags and a speedball. Let me know if you are interested. Tom.

Hi Tom. Seems the old thread didn't get too many serious responses. I'd maybe be interested though. Been a while since I did any training mind you, and I've just got to give a broken wrist a couple more weeks at least, but after that I might be alright. Are you out east of the city there?

Hi Dean,

The new gym and recreation centre opened today and looking really nice. The boxing room should be ready in a week or so with a couple of punchbags and a speedball so let me know if you feel like training when your wrist is better.

Alright. That's good. I figured you must be closer to town than Google maps puts the compound, but it's much closer than I thought. I'll get in touch in the next week or two.

Excellent, hope the wrist gets better soon

Hey Bro
I want learn fight

Hi

Your location please

Hello everyone,

I am closing this old thread. It has not been updated since 2014 so i suggest interested members to drop an advert in the classifieds : Riyadh classifieds.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed