Housing dilema, help is highly appreciated!

Hello,
This is second week in Riyadh and I can say that I absolutely LOVE it.
It is maybe because I'm new here and haven't had time to see everything, but I haven't experienced any of the horror stories that I heard before coming here (Police will chase you to go pray if it's prayer time, you can't go to malls if you're on your own, etc..) And aside from the live freak show I witnessed yesterday on Al Tahliya street (Someone intended to take me there to see the drastic change on Thursday night on the infamous street) I can say that it's been a very rewarding experience so far, and (I'm not complaining here) but money literally doesn't get spent no matter how you try, I almost forgot how to use an ATM machine. The locals are polite and down to earth.
Now, my problem is, I am in the hotel still, and although my company has given me a generous accommodation allowance, I would like to move out of the hotel.
Question is, how possible it is to find a sharing house with someone in a compound (I don't have my residency and I won't have it until a couple of months so I can't really rent on my own) And if that is possible, can anyone point me in the right direction if there is an alternative solution seeing my problem with the residency?

Thanks in advance!

Glad you're so happy! 

I can't help you with your housing situation but you said some things that have piqued my curiousity:

And aside from the live freak show I witnessed yesterday on Al Tahliya street (Someone intended to take me there to see the drastic change on Thursday night on the infamous street)

What did that mean?  Live freak show??  Drastic change?  Infamous street??

Whatever are you talking about ?!?

Hahahah
Thanks for your reply :)
Live freak show as in young kids on their quad bikes, they had done something to these bikes where it makes a very loud noise and it almost explodes, very annoying and everyone was obvious very annoyed with them.

Tahliya Street is the Sunset Boulevard for Saudi Kids to have a ball on Thursday nights, riding their Harley davidsons, Dune Buggies, and even automobiles in a manner that only they can do on this planet. How they dont all end up in a mashed pile in the middle lane I cannot understand. We avpoid that street like the plague on weekends. I'd rather walk...

Yep, avoid avoid avoid are my thoughts. My friend took me there intentionally on Thursday night to give me a preview of the other part of what to expect.
Not pretty!

So you love it. you don't enjoy a drink, bars, clubs, cinema, theatre, live music, sport, architecture. i could go on. somewhere with a bit more culture would do for me but this will have to do for the interim. it's called a recession.

as for accmmodation. there's a ton on expatriates' web site.

Awwwww, come on, Godsie!  Look on the bright side! No hangovers, no chance of contracting an STD, and think of all the money you'll save! ;)

Godsie,
To me, there is a lot besides what you have mentioned, moving from Dubai to Riyadh yes I enjoy it a ton more than Dubai, and speaking of culture, this place again has a lot more than Dubai.
I do get the good fortune of leaving every other week for a weekend outside of the kingdom.
Thanks for the tip on Exp.

Way to GO, Soltero....Good Luck n God Bless.
I would say its a BIG BUCKS recession in keeping with godsies terminology...