Bringing 'creams', vitamins and medicines

HI All,

Reading some info that was given to me it states that it's not allowed to bring creams, vitamins, etc into Ecuador.  I have favorite brands that don't cause allergic reactions, favorite tooth paste, etc.  and medications.  Do I have to ditch them all? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I don't know why they told you this,

If is for personal use you can bringing to Ecuador as part of your personal luggage.

Even you have the chance to mail medicines and similar to Ecuador from the States.

Vinny

Thanks Vinny,

Amazing the amount of mis-information, that is handed out as gospel.  I wanted to bring about 6 months supply because the other thing they said that import duty was something like 46%.   Not easy to get the act together when truth and fiction have to be sorted out.  Again, sure appreciate your help.  Rette

Well, I you want to bring 6 month supply at once you can have problems in the airport, it depends in own many boxes of the same product are you bring it.
If you have a six month visa and you have prescriptions will be OK but if you bring many of the same product without prescription it will difficult to prove if only for you.
Also, maybe they don't check your luggage but if they do ....

Vinny

Gotcha,  thanks again Vinny for the caveat.  That makes sense. I'll be moving permanently, am retired and need something new.