Moving to Mauritius

Hi Everybody,

My name is Margot, and the family and I will be relocating ex South Africa in the next 6 - 8 weeks or so.  Will be working in Port Louis, and I was hoping to get some info on where would be good area to rent in / good schools etc.

Also would love to hear from other moms with kids who might like to meet up once we have arrived and settled.

Thanks
:)

hi Margot
i am also from SA...now living in Tamarin, Black River (on the west coast).  there are quite a few south africans here :) 
i have 4 kids, my youngest is 7, and would be glad to meet up with you once you are here!
send me a private message if you like with contact details and we can keep in touch.

Hello, Im Belgian but lived in SA for 28 years, I live in Flic en Flac, there are lots of South Africans in Tamarin. I've been here just over a year, When you arrive sent me a message and we can meet

Looking forward to it

Nadine

Hi Margot,

Good luck with the big move!  How old are your kids?  We just moved to the island and we have a five year old who is really ready to make some new friends.  We've been travelling the last 8 weeks and he is really missing his buddies from St Thomas. 

As for schools, my husband and I are both IB teachers.  We absolutely love the curriculum and believe in it 100%.  Depending on how old your kids are, there are two IB schools on island (that I know of).  Clavis is a primary school in Moka (PYP IB) and Le Bocage is an IB secondary school (DP only at the moment, but working on implementing the MYP) right around the corner from Clavis.  From what I understand, both schools are very good.  Of course, this depends on what you are looking for in a school!  :)

Talk to you soon,

Courtney