Quad Biking in the Red Sands

I was planning to go quad biking on the Makkah Road this Thursday with some friends.
Does anyone know if there will be any bikes for hire during Ramadan?

If so from what time?

I guess you found out today,right martin? It's matty's mate :)

Sure did they are open and desperate for business :-)

how big of quads?

if they arent the stupid small ones ill go next weekend

All sizes we used 150s

ahhh nevermind then.

Martin Fin wrote:

Sure did they are open and desperate for business :-)

Hi! Do you need a driving licence to do this ?

Thanks

Michael

Nooooooooooooo. Everybody does it.. even women :P  It's just local guys with quads out there renting them to people to drive around.

Alliecat wrote:

Nooooooooooooo. Everybody does it.. even women :P  It's just local guys with quads out there renting them to people to drive around.

Luvly jubly! Thanks :-)

michaelpakenham wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

It's not exactly on the doorstep so you will need transport there and back! So a driving licence or a good deal on a Taxi

Martin Fin wrote:
michaelpakenham wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

It's not exactly on the doorstep so you will need transport there and back! So a driving licence or a good deal on a Taxi

Thanks for the heads up - I will check that out

How far out of Riyadh is Red Sands, heard so much about it, been wanting to go, just doen't know how far?! :whistle:

If someone would add it to the map everyone would know lol

vinnie2332 wrote:

How far out of Riyadh is Red Sands, heard so much about it, been wanting to go, just doen't know how far?! :whistle:

Same here Vinnie !

I went with martin who put up the first post. ask him for the gps coordinates.here they use manual quads and no helmets... good fun though but a tad hot ;P

That's what Im looking for!

the exact location for quad biking?

and how much does it cost?

http://goo.gl/maps/8sbKP

add it to the map!

i dont care about cost haha. i just wanna go

Freshlikesushi wrote:

http://goo.gl/maps/8sbKP

add it to the map!

i dont care about cost haha. i just wanna go

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=83234

if i knew where ANY of thos landmarks are, i would add it. until then, its great to have someone that can not spend 3 hours looking to add it for everyone

I got directions from Martin the original poster and drove by - easy to find - it was too hot that day though - anyone going out there tomorrow?

Here is the location

insomni wrote:

I got directions from Martin the original poster and drove by - easy to find - it was too hot that day though - anyone going out there tomorrow?

Here is the location

Thanks !

I was out there today with a mate - great fun :-)  250CC's for us though

Thanks!!!

added it tot he map

Got no idea if we were ripped of though - but at a 100 rials pr bike for an hour of great fun I don't really care :D

not bad at all

why no 400cc+?

Think we will do that next time maybe .. managed to hurt myself enough for one day .. and that was on the 250  ;)  haven't been riding for ages

haha
let me know when you go again!

hey .. i never went to the red sand and i really wanna see the desert since am in KSA.. i heard there is a big sword as well ... anyhow i would love to join a group of people who are intrested on biking out there..

cheers

Let's make a new plan then, next Thrusday mabye?

even i m interested, let me know if u guyz r goin

I will definitely come when I arrive in Riyadh - paintball too by the way !

i own a 2009 raptor 700 we could go dune biking together either you bring your own or rent, we could meet in thumama , there is a famous gas station there (i think is the only one) and while waiting the atv rentals are beside it and we could enter the desert together,

HEY GUYS JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ARE PLANNING ON GOING TOMMOROW in thumamah AROUND MID DAY ...i am happy to welcome everyone and anyone to come with us ....

@alialhozami - Can you please lower your caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie