Best hospital for Emergency

will be staying in New Maadi and looking for the best hospital in Maadi. my 4 year old has severe allergies from many things including wheat, barley, peanuts, dairy. will keep an eye over him but just in case. 

Thank you
best regards....

you can find in Maadi, Al Salam Hospital  http://salamhospital.com/

al Nakheel Hospital , http://www.yellowpages.com.eg/profile/M … pital.html

and for kids : Tabarak Clinics , its behind Al Nasr Street Restaurants.

Thank You Don

you are very kind.

so Alsalam will be the first choice ? by the way, the website for alsalmhospital is in Syria. :)

best regards

But also please be aware that the response time for any emergency here in Egypt is not like it is in the US or Europe!!

Before we left England my little boy got a fish bone stuck in his throat - the most frightening ecperience of my life - he was turning blue - we phoned 999 - the operator took details and kept me talking on the phone, whilst the ambulane was coming.  The ambulance was out side my house with the sirens and the paramedic running through the door within 4 mintues - they were so amazingly fast and brilliant.  And thank goodness everything turned out well in the end.

My point is - don't expect this kind of service here in EGypt!
No-one gets out the way for an ambulance - even when the sirens are going.
The response time is nothing like what I have written above! Especially if the traffic is bad!!

Since coming to EGypt I have shared this story (in conversations that went this way) and the answer I got was thank god you were in the UK not in EGypt - because for sure your boy wouldn't be here today!!

This is also part of the reason why when accidents happen they put the person into the backs of microbuses, etc. becuase they know the ambulance will take a long time to get there!  We had a serious accident here at work - and they put the guy (a foriegn engineer by the way) into the back of a van with his feet hanging out (he had a serious head injury) to take him to the hospital that is 15 mintures drive away becuase they knew the ambulance wouldn't get here!!!!

I think to bring your son to this environment with something so serious - is a serious risk - and to be honest if it were my son - I am not sure the risk is worth it.

Visit the world - experience everything - if it is safe to do so.
ANd given the response times / way the hospitals are here I am not so sure it is safe!

Adam4449 wrote:

by the way, the website for alsalm hospital is in Syria. :)

Sorry for the mistake, heres the right website

www.assih.com

Be safe & Healthy.

Hi wouldn't trust Alsalam Hospital at all.

My husband just came out of ICU there, where the matresses were not long enough for the bed and they stuffed packets of disposable baby nappies at the end to make up the space.

They didn't wash him in the six days he was there and when he got desperate and decided to shower himself and asked for a towel it took 8 hours to get one.

When they did an endoscopy they broke his tooth and then claimed they knew nothing about it, but proceeded to do an x-ray because they worried it might have entered his lungs and then they charged him for the x-ray.

A few hours after this x-ray other medical staff came in to take another x-ray. My husband said: "why"? They told him the doctor had said so. He said: "Then get me the doctor". They never returned again.

They gave my husband, a patient with a severe bile duct stricture, a steak after he hadn't eaten for 38 hours. And half a chicken after 24 hours without food. He is a vegetarian, by the way, and they knew this.

And in an IC unit that should be manned 24 hours, he got money stolen out of his wallet?

Everytime he asked for a doctor, he had to wait hours before they arrived (if at all).

All these things and many many more unethical, unprofessional practices happened just last week (Aug 30 - Sept 5 2012).
Then at the end of it all, they proceeded to charge him astronomical prices for Egypt and quite frankly, the western world too for lab tests, CT scans and MRI's?

They never came up with a diagnosis and they never fixed his tooth even though they promised they would!

I wouldn't trust them with my dog.

list of some hospitals :)