Jeddah Knowledge International school

Hiya I'm from London and will be joining JKIS in August, can anyone please tell me what computer software they use at the school is it Apple Macs or PC's?
I'm trying to prepare myself for my move and any other information about the school would be fantastic!!!!
I will also be living on Sharbatly Village and would be grateful if somebody could advise me on what to pack.
Thank you in advance!!

Look up to the right of your query and you will see a white rectangular box with 'google custom search' writen inside.

In this box you need to type 'Jeddah Knowledge International School' and then press the GO button.

This custom search of Expat.com brings up 4 or more pages of info related to JKIS.

Happy reading!

Thank you Allie Cat, do you work at JKIS?

Unfortunately I'm stationed in Riyadh.  I think you'll have a much better time of it in Jeddah :)

Oh ok!!! Do you happen to have any advice on things to pack?

Sapph wrote:

Oh ok!!! Do you happen to have any advice on things to pack?

Clothing:  long skirts (to ankles) and/or loose fitting slacks.  Long, loose-fitting blouses that cover your bum.

Makeup:  I HATE buying make-up here (but maybe that's just me).

Books:  I try to always bring some reading materials with me because I don't want to order (things sometimes take months to arrive and sometimes not at all!).  If you use Kindle, all the better.

On my first trip home, I picked up 800 thread count sheets.  I just needed something soft to sleep on and most bedding here is either very cheap (100 thread count) or the good stuff is very expensive.

But the thing with me is, I'm a bit unusual in that I don't like to spend weekends 'shopping.'  What a waste of time !!!! I'm used to the USA--I know what I want and know where to get it at a good price.  So I buy new shoes, clothes, etc., when I'm home on leave.

It's the strange little things that are difficult to find here sometimes--like a teflon potato masher ;)

Lool!!! Thanks a lot (",)

Hi I've Just been offered a job at JKS... I was wondering what Saudi was like, as I have reservations about living there as a single female. At the moment I have an active social live and play a lot of sport... I was wondering if this will be affected much if I move out there?

Any information would be grateful!

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz, what you going to be teaching?

If I accept PE...

Just not 100% on if the school is good or if will cope as a female in Jeddah! What are your views on everything? :)

Well I think everyone's experience you'll find to be different, there's def sport activities you can join in a diving club, sharbatly has sport facilities etc. It's best to get yourself in touch with the British embassy if you choose to accept, it isn't awfully dangerous but wouldn't recommend going about by yourself. You'll have 3 months probation so if worse comes to worse if you don't like it you can go home!

Sapph wrote:

You'll have 3 months probation so if worse comes to worse if you don't like it you can go home!

True but read your contract.  You'll probably have to reimburse the school for all the money they spent (visa, plane ticket, etc.).

Thanks,

If I go, I go... I don't like backing out of things... Just wondering if it is a good place to live etc.

The school sounds good from what I am able to read... But I do like to have an active social life, and just wondering if I'm going to feel a bit restricted... unable to get out on the weekends, party, dance... etc...

I love diving so that is a massive plus. I love sport and being able to travel. Currently living in Thailand and it's just so easy to get out and about... Good Beaches, holidays, sport opportunities (are ok)... etc!

Guess im more worried about the lack of booze and party... Although guess it will make me feel 17 again! :p

@FH but was that particularly wise to put on a public forum that's probably being monitored?  Better off PM'ing peeps to share info like this, would you say?

Thanks! Still confused... Good to know not dead tho! :)

lizlewis86 wrote:

Thanks! Still confused... Good to know not dead tho! :)

Okay, bottom line: people come here to save money, not have a good social life.  It that is so important to you, you'd better rethink KSA.  On the other hand, to come and let's say, give it a year ... you might find it's better than you thought :)

Alliecat wrote:

@FH but was that particularly wise to put on a public forum that's probably being monitored?  Better off PM'ing peeps to share info like this, would you say?

Thanks for the tip alliecat....still new to this stuff.

field hockey wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Thanks for the tip alliecat....still new to this stuff.

:cheers:

Hi, Are you coming to Jeddah or still ????? by the way jeddah is best place in Saudi have fun ( Limited ) but life is better than Riyadh or other places.

You dug up an old thread to ask someone who posted nearly 2 years ago if they are still coming?