Era Tower Feedback, Bahrain

Hello all,

I am about to rent a flat and have few options in front of me but I can't make my mind up.

I have seen Era Tower, Abraj Al Lulu and Reef Island properties which are all in Seef. I have also seen some some flats near the Dana Mall. Summary of the flats and the prices are:

Era Tower - 2 Bed flat - 700BD per month.
Era Tower - 1 Bed flat - 500BD per month.
Abraj Al Lulu - 2 Bed flat - 600BD per month.
Abraj Al Lulu - 1 Bed flat - 450BD per month.
Reef Island - 2 Bed flat - 650BD per month.
Near Dana Mall - 1 Bed flat - 315BD per month.

All of the flats above are fully furnished and modern. Most of them have brand new properties.

I am inclined to go for Era Tower but I wanted to get your feedback about Era Tower (and others) before I make my decision. I am not looking to move in another area other than Seef at this stage. Despite Era Tower being nice, the 1 Bed flat I saw near Dana mall was also nice and half the price!

I am stuck! I can't make my mind up! What are your thoughts?

Since all the apartments you mentioned are fully furnished with a Barnd New Stuff, this will make the comparison quite fair.

The High Rental Ones in Era Tower, Abraj AL-Lulu and Reef Island takes into consideration the facilities offered i.e. Swimming Pool, Gym …etc. and I don't know how often you will be using these facilities.

The one near Dana Mall  is quite cheaper, may be because it has no facilities.

If you are not too much into using the building's facilities, it might be wise to go for the one near Dana Mall for some considerable savings.

The one near Dana Mall has a small pool and a so-called gym but I wouldn't call that one a gym. Only 4 machines there and that's about it.

Im renting a one bedroom flat with big balcony in Era. the flat is not very big but enough for single use.  I'm quit happy here, its quiet and for me close to work. Facilities are great although I don't use much of it. One thing u need to consider if you take a flat high up in the building, the cellphone reception gets worse to almost no reachable. And If u do take a flat in Era, make sure u have one facing the city.. It's a nicer view in the evening with all the lights.

:/ Let me contact His Highness Sheikh Isa :P ,
I think he will suggest to "Brightonguy" !! why not just toss a coin? Heads or tails
If head comes then go for "Era Tower" .
if Tail then  go for "Abraj Al Lulu"
----
For 2 bed Flats
Use 2 Coins :D

Tossing coins - theory Tossing coins - theory

brightonguy wrote:

Hello all,

I am about to rent a flat and have few options in front of me but I can't make my mind up.

I have seen Era Tower, Abraj Al Lulu and Reef Island properties which are all in Seef. I have also seen some some flats near the Dana Mall. Summary of the flats and the prices are:

Era Tower - 2 Bed flat - 700BD per month.
Era Tower - 1 Bed flat - 500BD per month.
Abraj Al Lulu - 2 Bed flat - 600BD per month.
Abraj Al Lulu - 1 Bed flat - 450BD per month.
Reef Island - 2 Bed flat - 650BD per month.
Near Dana Mall - 1 Bed flat - 315BD per month.

All of the flats above are fully furnished and modern. Most of them have brand new properties.

I am inclined to go for Era Tower but I wanted to get your feedback about Era Tower (and others) before I make my decision. I am not looking to move in another area other than Seef at this stage. Despite Era Tower being nice, the 1 Bed flat I saw near Dana mall was also nice and half the price!

I am stuck! I can't make my mind up! What are your thoughts?

Khush-Singh wrote:

I think he will suggest to "Brightonguy" !! why not just toss a coin? Heads or tails
----
For 2 bed Flats

:offtopic:;)

:huh: na na

VidoDido wrote:
Khush-Singh wrote:

----
For 2 bed Flats

:offtopic:;)

The Era Tower one probably has nice views of Manama or just the sea. Depends on your location in the building. From what i've heard , its a fairly new building and so things will be brand new in there. I think it also has this amazing pool thats goes quite a way round the building. It has a gym, sauna, and pool table if you're into this kind of things. Additionally they have good parking facilities in this building. Hence, i feel thats why the price tag is what it is, even for the 1 bedroom.

Also from what Roog74 mentioned, the space is small for a 1 bedroom, that's true - however, if your using for single use then this may suite you fine. The added bonus, its close to City center and convenient if you like to shop in this mall ( they have a lot of variety of shops here)

On the other hand Abraj Al Lulu - 1 Bed flat - 450BD per month. Well this is slightly cheaper than Era tower, but not too sure of room size and facilities there. I know they have good parking facilities there and the view will be quite a scene if you choose the higher part of the building. I know little on reef Island, I know parking space is good there. I Don't know about facilities.
The security is quite tight to enter this area. You need to pass to parts of security to get inside Reef area. Its close to City Centre, a plus point. Nice views if you have river side. Its new build. I've heard, mobile phone reception is poor here.

Then you mentioned Near Dana Mall - 1 Bed flat - 315BD per month. Well this is almost 1/2 the price of the ones above. Again as VidoDido already mentioned this one may lack extra facilities. However, if its close to Dana Mall, Lulu supermarket is very popular and has alot of variety of things there. Close to city centre. Does this have parking facilities if you will drive?

So, it really depends on your needs and lifestyle. If you're not to bothered as VidoDido mentions, go for the one near Dana mall and you will be saving that bit more each month. Else, if you want extras, then go for the other ones like in Era Tower or Abraj Al Lulu. So, hope you find these comments, along with others useful contributions,  that will  help you decide.

The best of luck - :)

Jaz :cool:

Guys thank you very much for your comments. Much appreciated!

:cheers: i guess still in a Hotel room ...

brightonguy wrote:

Guys thank you very much for your comments. Much appreciated!

Yes, still. But will make my mind up soon :) I hope to make my mind up soon at least :)

I am thinking about Abraj Al Lulu (AAL), it has good facilities to keep the kids entertained and the wife busy :)

However, I have some concerns about AAL, it is right next to the pearl roundabout (I know it has been demolished).

I hope everything remains peaceful, however I would not like to be  living any where near a site prone to future demonstrations.

I think its better if you also consider these issues before you decide.

I am thinking about Abraj Al Lulu (AAL), it has good facilities to keep the kids entertained and the wife busy :)

Things can only get better in Bahrain..I want it to get better. Like me, alot of others here feel Bahrain is a nice place. I feel with the security there, it may be that security will always be on patrol and avoid any disturbances. So to a certain degree, you may find this secure.. :| 

Hope you will be safe and good luck with your choice...
jaz :cool:

I certainly hope so too. I like Bahrain and I am looking forward to moving there.

However the way things are going I might just call it off, check https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=179647

jazzy851 wrote:

Things can only get better in Bahrain..I want it to get better. Like me, alot of others here feel Bahrain is a nice place. I feel with the security there, it may be that security will always be on patrol and avoid any disturbances. So to a certain degree, you may find this secure.. :| 

Hope you will be safe and good luck with your choice...
jaz :cool:

However the way things are going I might just call it off, check https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=179647

I'm not sure about this - I hope others here can give you more advice and hopefully they can re-assure you it will be ok to go ahead. But i know what you mean, i for sure would be asking the same question if i was in your position..

Hope you will get the answers you're looking for. :|
Regards

Thanks for the kind words Jaz

I do not want to go off topic, however I am thinking of seeking some legal advise. I will write to the HR informing of it. I have been very excited and packed most of my stuff but I am not going to accept being taken for a ride.

jazzy851 wrote:

I'm not sure about this - I hope others here can give you more advice and hopefully they can re-assure you it will be ok to go ahead. But i know what you mean, i for sure would be asking the same question if i was in your position..

Hope you will get the answers you're looking for. :|
Regards

I do not want to go off topic, however I am thinking of seeking some legal advise. I will write to the HR informing of it. I have been very excited and packed most of my stuff but I am not going to accept being taken for a ride.

Absolutely agree with you on this. Make 100% sure you know what you're signing and feel comfortable..
good luck.. ;)

Hey brightonguy, so what have you decided on?

I am thinking of Abraj Al Lulu just cos it has more facilities for the kids, but some friends have advised against it, not a good idea when things are not good.

Decided not to go with any of them :) Found 2 bed for 500 near Almoayyed Tower and signed the lease last night actually.

Could you please PM me some more details.

I'm looking for  a 2 bed with all the amenities included, want the kids to be happy :) my budget is around 450

Cheers

wow :D , finally u can apply for CPR

brightonguy wrote:

Decided not to go with any of them :) Found 2 bed for 500 near Almoayyed Tower and signed the lease last night actually.

Yes, that's the next step :)