Relocating to St lucia

Hi all,

my boyfriend and I have just moved to St lucia. We are Irish early 30 s no kids and would love to meet some people. Where is a good place to meet people like ourselves.any tips would be great.Thanks

Hello Niamhy.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you tell us more about yourself? What are your hobbies and interests? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I know there is salsa lessons at the Marina at Oceanview restaurant and at Tequila Joes, I am not sure on the day of the week though.

Take care.

Hey! Welcome to St Lucia. You can add me to skype if you like and I can give you more info, been living here for 9 years :-) skype name: ninajudy

Hi

How are you finding St Lucia?  I just posted a new thread this morning in regards to the possibility of moving there due to a job offer and a concern of meeting others and making friends.  What has your experience been?  Im coming over in March to explore further perhaps we could say hi :)

I just posted in the meetup thread, but it can't hurt to repeat it here. I'm in the airport on my way down right now. After a few days wandering I plan on heading up to the Rodney Bay area to settle. If anyone wants a non-serious, friendly person to have some fun with, just let me know!

P.S. Thanks for the tip, keyvajanelle. You can be sure I'm going to find out what nights that is. Look for the guy who can't dance and come introduce yourself if you happen to show up some night haha

hi - niamhy and milly,

the best places to be are really the rodney bay marina and rodney bay (delirious restaurant and bar).

as for getting around, the taxis are fairly reasonable and the island is relatively safe.  just try not to be walking alone in odd places late night.

socializing is the easiest part of island life - you make lasting friendships quickly and your friend circle grows extremely fast.

i would suggest on an early evening, go to boardwalk at the rodneybay marina - look for a guy who runs the bar called mitch.  tell him you're new to the island and want to meet new expat and local friends - he'll gladly make introductions for you.  the community is small, and within no time you'll be looking forward to the next house-party.

the larger your group gets, then make it point to go around to the weekly town festivals, go sailing, have a blast, enjoy your work and yourselves in the caribbean.

i'll just message mitch and give him a headsup, just incase you take my advice.  if you want, you can pm me, and i'll try also to connect you with friends i actually know you will most probably meet there.

Hello,
I have an idea in my head to move (for example for a few months, maybe years) to St. Lucia. But I necessarily nedd good internet connection for my work.
Can anyone describe the quality of the internet connection on St. Lucia?
Thank you. Martin

NinaJudy,

I am planning on moving at the end of April next year.  Could you please tell me which Visa I will need to apply for once I get there to be able to be a permanent resident?  Or do I need to leave every 3 or 6 months and come back?  If so, do I need to return to the States or can I just fly to another island where I need to use my Passport?  Also, do you know of anyone I can contact to find a furnished apartment from at that time?  Thank you for any information you can help me with. :D

whales352
aka Rowan

Hi Rowan,

I just sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Danielle