Buying property in Saint Lucia

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Saint Lucia?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Saint Lucia?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

can a foreigner buy property in Saint Lucia? - Yes
is it complicated? No
process of purchasing a property in Saint Lucia? an alien's landholder's license needs to be secured, and then.. that's basically it..  lawyers would handle this for you entirely, but buying in st. lucia really has no hastle to it.

Thank you sanjayh! :)

hi here, my wife and i, we are planning on moving to St Lucia and we are very interested in the responses you gave about buying properties over there. although we wanna know if we buy the properties as aliens landholders, will the migration office help us with the visas or any needed papers to settle there?

@Christine  Sure!  **** If you want to buy [link moderated] or land for sale in Saint Lucia, there are two main Options:

I. Citizenship by investment - Key investments to help develop the island will get you citizenship

a. donate $100k to Saint Lucia's National Economic Fund.  Additional family members are an added cost, though reduced.   

b. Invest in key real estate projects (not any home, but specific approved projects).  With this you must pay $250k starting, but will be able to sell your stake after 5 years.

c. Invest in Saint Lucia Government Bonds.   This requires  $300k plus more for other family members, but you can sell the bonds after 5 years similar to option b.   This is just less risk. 

II. Alien Landholders License - If you seek an alternative, you can just do an alien landholders license.  THis is an extra step in the buying process where you work with a Lawyer before you start looking at homes.  They will file the request, and once approved, you can purchase a property. 

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : Please recommend in the Saint Lucia business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@TravisL I would love to get your wife's information.  We are heading to St. Lucia in a couple weeks and are looking to purchase a property in the near future.  I was just looking up agents to find one I could work with.  She could also email me at ***Tracy

Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Christine

Yes, foreigners can buy property in Saint Lucia. The process includes obtaining an Alien Landholding License, selecting the property, signing an agreement with a deposit, and completing the legal process through a lawyer. Tips for buying property include conducting thorough research, getting legal advice, checking property details, considering location, and budgeting for extra costs. More information and assistance can be found on *** page.

Reason : Please recommend in the Saint Lucia business directory