Is it safe

I was just wondering, I'm always hearing on the news of "suicide bombers" and rockets being shot into Israel, is this true? How safe is it in Israel?

The cardinal rule is never to believe what you hear on the news.

There have been no suicide attacks in Israel for over 4 years.

It's true that many rockets are fired, but they are confined to a very small geographical area, and are largely ineffectual.

There are risks in living anywhere in the world.

If your numbers up, it's up. You cannot live thinking any minute will be your last.

I don't live in Israel, but have visited for weeks at a time over the past several years. I wandered around by myself and never had a problem, and that was something the State Dept in the US told me never to do. I am in my late 50's and visited Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Capernaum and all around the Galilee region, even went off to Eilat by myself. I never had a problem anywhere.  Do take normal precautions when traveling by yourself though. For example, I took a "tour bus" when going into Palestine instead of a taxi.  Seemed just to be the right thing to do at the time.
Go and enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the replies. But I've got something to add to it. What if I'm a Muslim? I'm actually a white canadian male but I converted to Islam some years ago. I'm afraid that maybe anywhere in the region won't be safe for me. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply!

I don't see being Muslim as a problem.

LOL! Very safe. Safer than living in USA cities. It only gets dangerous when the Arabs start a war but it is over quickly and back to daily life. Since Israel built the security wall, we don't hear much about suicide bombers.
I see you are from Cairo. Is it dangerous there with all the revolution and violence we see on CNN?