EXPAT BLOG CINEMA CLUB

Hi All,

Up until recently we had all been meeting up on a regular basis for a dinner, maybe a movie, and some other random activities, as part of the Expat.com Meet-up Group: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=104022

I would like to say for me, personally, the meet group was a success because when I first arrived in Abu Dhabi last summer I knew no one, and now I have met wonderful new friends through this group.

The group was targeted at those people who were new to the city, and quickly wanted to find their feet, or those who maybe found it difficult to interact with others, and on this front the group provided a safe and organised way of meeting new people and making new friends. You can also use it for networking within your own industries, but on a more social basis. I have welcomed people from various backgrounds, industries, and nationalities.

Running the meet group on a weekly basis became quite stressful for me, and has now got to the point where I now run it once a month, rather than once every week.

But a new idea has emerged, and that is to run separate, smaller clubs, related to specific activities.

This particular post is targeted at those who have an interest in movies. I absolutely love my movies, and probably go and watch two movies per week. I really don't have much of a preference between VOX or Grand Cinemas, but I have a good relationship with VOX, as we first started as cinema club.

This club will meet up once every three weeks. I am currently trying to develop enough of an interest so that we can get this started. So if you think you could give up one night every three weeks to come watch a movie and meet some new people, and hopefully make some new friends, then why not write back on here.

If you would like any further information, then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Mohit

That's a good idea Mohit.;)

Thanks Harmonie.

The meet group went really well, so lets hope this goes the same way. :)

any meetup coming up?

Interesting!

Well if you guys are others are up for it, we can do a movie night next week.

yes sure

Whose up for a movie this Friday? If anyone is fasting then maybe we could all go and have dinner and then catch a movie?

sure ! plan iit on bro...leme know

Well I'm definitely up for Friday night, so ask some friends to join us, no harm in meeting new people lol.

:P

good idea

Anyone up for some dinner and a movie this weekend?

sure !

Plz create a FB event for it.

me new here too
hey to all

Hi, I agree..

Hey Guys how about a movie plan this week... Let me know..

Hi guys,

Unfortunately this is my last week in Abu Dhabi. My company have opened an office in Delhi, and have offered a great opportunity.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohit

Hey guys, lets keep this club going :) Who else is up for watching a movie this Saturday? We could go for either Flight or Skyfall...not too fussed. Will be nice meeting other movie buffs/new to the city.

:up:

Still not meet once after long long discussing

any plan to meet??

Is this group meeting up anytime soon?

let me know wen??

Lets meet :)

The organizer went back to live in India.

Dead post, or organize something yourself

haha.. spam in time!

m ready for it... :)

ok plz send me detials i will came there

i wanna go out tonight, pm me if you wanna join!

anybody wanna join me to go watch Man of Steel tonight??

Man of Steel was rubbish! dont waste your money!

hey, I am also kind of new here in UAE, moved from Oman. Would love to join u guys for movies. Any plans for near future?

Brilliant idea!!! Let me know if you guys are planning to seen anything soon ;))

Cheers
Vishal

Hi.

I arrived in AD on wed, leaving the wife at home. so kinda bored and lonely. this movie club sounds like fun. could you tell me a little more please?

hey guys, there is this concert of Atif Aslam, Benny Dayal and Honey Sing on 12th of Sept, any of you going..??

P.S- For Indian and Pakistani members

I know its outdated, however, is there anyone who is interested into making a new short film?
I'm in Abu Dhabi and I'm a film maker. I would like to meet film makers!

mujahid5034 wrote:

hey guys, there is this concert of Atif Aslam, Benny Dayal and Honey Sing on 12th of Sept, any of you going..??

P.S- For Indian and Pakistani members

Hi Mujahid,
where can we buy tickets from? And also what's the location?

Hey guys, anyone wanna see Kickass2 tonight in Abu Dhabi?
Let me know if u guys r interested

search it online, i dont remember the site, platinum events dubai somethng...