Nigerians in Abu Dhabi

Ok so I am new to the city and miss my Whiz Kid songs and all the Elegushi hang outs. Home made poundo and better egusi to let it slide through easily. Most of all I miss the company with 9ja friends. So who else is in the same boat with me??

Heya,

I will be moving out there this year, I am british born and my parents are Nigerian.  Would love to keep in contact with you.

Regards,

adoraijay

Another one here...

Alrite then gals na mi n una na......just let's try to keep in touch k.
@Sandman6.....are you already in abu dhabi?

Fran18 wrote:

Alrite then gals na mi n una na......just let's try to keep in touch k.
@Sandman6.....are you already in abu dhabi?

Since August 2010 :)

Alright. Well i've just been here for about 4 months now. Still looking for the fun spots, any recommendation???

Hello! :|

hiya Dami"lola", Dami"shi", which of them is correct? lol. How u dey

ok all FYI, I got this message recently and following instruction.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Compliment of this day to you all.
This is to remind you all, that the proposal sent (on Sunday 19th February 2012) by a fellow respectable Nigerian suggesting that all Nigerians in Abu Dhabi should come together at a social gathering (purposely to get to know ourselves as individuals) is widely accepted and back-up by many other fellow respectable Nigerians in Abu Dhabi.

In the said message, he mentioned how importance it is for us to have an informal avenue to ruminate over things going on in Nigeria and determine where we can be of help as well as see to our welfare here in UAE especially in Abu Dhabi.
For the benefit of those of us who were not part of the discussion at the initial stage, and those who are receiving this information fro the first time, here is a summery of the message :
Day  : Friday,
Date :  9th March, 2012
Time : 4.00 pm
Venue: The Park Opposite Abu Dhabi Co-Operative Shopping Mall On Muroor Road.

With best regards

Heya Ladies,

I'm still in London...will definitely keep in contact with u guys.  Please keep me in the loop as to what's happening over there because as soon as I arrive I would love to meet up with u all.

Take care all

Adora x

There's always loads of Nigerian gals in Cellar Bar on a Thursday & Friday night. Pmsfl that they all try to pass themselves off as Kenyan, Ghanaian, even Brazilian!.....anything but Nigerian. I wonder why?

@Sandman....i wonder y. well well e concern dem sha. So will you be at the venue of the get together tomorrow?
@Adora....we'll be waiting gal.

Fran18 wrote:

@Sandman....i wonder y. well well e concern dem sha. So will you be at the venue of the get together tomorrow?
@Adora....we'll be waiting gal.

Sorry-o, already committed to another social event.

lol dami'shi? O_o its damilola. i'm good fran. how are u?

No p, we'll probably meet through another format. I also have an appointment with the doctor by the same time, #fingercrossed#
Ok ohhhhh damilola, I'm doin very fine. Thanks. Hope you are enjoying your stay here in AD.

Will hopefully see y'all soon....

Will keep in touch and keep u all posted.

take care all

Adora x

Well house must confess I too am new, only moved into AD 20-3-12.
Employed as an expat.
Yes i too missed home so very much...especially our food.
kinda tired of the variant of rice all the time.
would love to know all 9ja peps living around here, meeting Nigerians would help alot assuage the cultural shock  and blending in process. Any ideas guys?

came in after the get together, reading from the previous blog that is, could someone fill me in?

Yeah sorry my name is Zil for short
@dami,@sadman,@adorjay' with love and bigup to my man franc for making this thread so apt and so needful.

This is quite helpful

Hiya Mince "meat"??? lol, so so, where do u stay in AD? Dami and I plan to meet probably Tuesday next week. Interested in joining meeting up too??

PS: Fran is a girl. hehehehehehe.

lol...mi bad

tot u are a boy, hahahaha

e all join, notin spoil.

am staying at grandmillenium hotel for now

me interested only if after working hours.

say 3pm and upward.

Heya all,

I'm glad u guys are making connections....hopefully others will also join.  It's important we look after one another especially abroad.

Things are going well, my documentation has nearly been approved....so i am hoping to see u guys soon in the near future.

@mince.....welcome
@the girls....hope ur both good  xx

adora, we await ur arrival, prior details before landing, so we can lay the red carpet wella 4 u. xoxo.

Awwwwwww!

I'm truly blessed.

Will stay in touch xx

I should be moving to abu dhabi on an expat role with ADMA -OPCO from Australia. I am glad Nigeria peeps are getting along, here in Perth boredom has almost killed me . I didn't see much of abu dhabi when I came for my interview and medicals, I hope there is enough fajjy in abu dhabi?

C ya soon and safest trip k.

hello guys i just moved to UAE this month but am in Dubai... would love to visit Abu Dhabi and connect with other Nigerians...

@Phylo....Welcome to the zone. Just holla @ us weneva u r in abudhabi.
@Dami.....Last weekend was awesome. #LaStepper#
@Zil.....30 minutes was sure a short time to gist, lol. Do keep in touch.
@the rest.....where una dey ohhh!!!!!!!!

Thanks Fran18 for the welcome. What is the distance between Dubai and AbuDhabi?

Hello Phyol and all....

I believe it takes 1 hour 30 minutes to get to Dubai from Abu Dhabi.

I hope u are all doing well and are ok.

Phyol wrote:

Thanks Fran18 for the welcome. What is the distance between Dubai and AbuDhabi?

Airport to airport 130km

adoraIjay wrote:

I hope u are all doing well and are ok.

Yup yup, weather getting hotter though #Scary.....#

Thanks all i appreciate. Is there no form for Nigerians in Dubai? I was at Deira last week saw a lot of Nigeria mostly traders.

The number of Nigerians in Dubai as I have heard is very large. I plan to visit Deira soon, heard so much about it already. Directions please anybody (Na shoprite thingz abi balogun market levels, una know as e dey b for our house na), lol. Thanks.

@fran18 lol deira is not that big so once you drop at sabkha bus stop you should be able to find your way around . don't forget to try the nigerian food though lol

@fran18 lol deira is not that big so once you drop at sabkha bus stop you should be able to find your way around . don't forget to try the nigerian food though lol

I plan to use the metro......So where is Sabkha from there? Thanks for ya response. Mission is to buy 9ja foodstuffs not only to eat ohh.

fodyjay wrote:

hey everyone.....

You guys sound like you are having fun o!

Things are going slowly but well for me. Should be joining you guys july/august time.

Can't wait to meet up with you all soon.

Take good care and God bless.

x

Fodjay, please where can i get Nigerian food the last time i was at Deira i ended up in a Ghanian retaurant serving Nigerian food and which gave me couple of stomach upset...:D

Fodjay, we await your reply joor, i wan go dubai this weekend.