Looking for a 1 Bedroom in Sliema

Hi,

I am a Danish (38) guy moving to Malta in a weeks time, living on Cyprus at the moment or until the 30th June where I will leave for Malta. And I still haven't found anywhere to live yet. So if anyone can point me in the direction of a 1 bedroom, fully furnished, with a washing maschine and a TV for around €300 -/+(or accomodation like that) that I can rent as of the 1st of July 2012, then I would be very pleased.

You can also email me on [email protected].

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Soulman.

Welcome to Expat.com!

For the accommodation, your should post an advert in the housing in Malta section. It shall help. :)

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Thanks a lot, just did that too :) Hope I get some replies hehe, though it looks quite silent on many of the similare threads :/

Hi Soulman,

welcome to the forum.

You are coming in the middle of the main tourist season. What you are looking for might not even be available for 300 €/week.

What area of Malta are you looking at and how long do you want to stay? I would advise you to get a cheap hotel and contact agencies on short term. With a bit of luck you might get a place in one of the villages or on Gozo.

Maybe sharing an appartment is an option. Check out ' Housing' on this forum.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi Soulman,

welcome to the forum.

You are coming in the middle of the main tourist season. What you are looking for might not even be available for 300 €/week.

What area of Malta are you looking at and how long do you want to stay? I would advise you to get a cheap hotel and contact agencies on short term. With a bit of luck you might get a place in one of the villages or on Gozo.

Maybe sharing an appartment is an option. Check out ' Housing' on this forum.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi, ok 300 a week haha, thats crazy ;) I pay 800 for a luxury villa (long term) in Cyprus at the moment :D I can go up to €400 monthly if needed, but thats also the max for me, unless the rent is including utilities, which I presume not (dont know how its done on Malta)

I am looking for something short term as in 1-2 months my wife and kid will be joining me and then we will rent a longterm house or flat for the purposes, and I dont want to meanwhile to pay 7-800-900 for something that I wont use until they arrive.

I am looking for something in sliema or around that area, not far away from everything, if thats possible. Or at least somewhere where the is a decent busss service available that can get me there when needed.

I dont think room/flat-sharing is an option as I got a dog.

Hi Soulman,

the dog will just about knock you out of the market here. Whether short or long term.

If you stick to Sliema for 1 or 2 months it will be very difficult. As I said that counts as holiday rental here and it is high season. Neither 3 or 400 € rent/month will be including utilities. Any rental will also mean 1 months rent safety deposit and deposit on utilities and agents fees if you go through an agent. A luxury villa in Malta will cost from 2000 € upwards! Can you send me details about your villa as we were thinking of moving to Cyprus ourselves. Why are you leaving Cyprus?

But I will keep my ears open.
Ricky

Sure, I will pm you.

I think you are going to struggle to find anything that cheap in Sliema. I have a modest flat away from the seafront which is €550 a month plus €100 for utilities. I was originally looking for something for 400 and there was nothing. You may have better luck in Msida or Gzira, but for just two months (I'm on a six-month contract) the costs are likely to be higher as this is a popular area.
Have you considered the South of the island? Think it's cheaper down there!