Remax- Tower Road

Hi to all,

I've read in this forum about recommended estate agents in different areas of Malta. There was a particular mention of Jason from Re/max in Tower Road who helped several clients to find accommodation around. Since I will be staying in a hotel next to that office I made a phone called to enquire about that person and was told that there are two Jason in the same office. Can someone clarify which Jason is the one highly recommended in other posts of the forum? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Astrid

Hi I. Also have been looking for a house. I am still in Australia. My cousin in Malta uses Frank Salt to rent his house so after I found the out I looked him up. I am sure everyone already over there have much better tips than me, it is just that the house dor rent seemed mch cheaper.

Hi Astrid,

Jason Cornthwaite is the letting Guy at RE/MAX, his number 99425088.  Jason lauri works in property sales number 79476964

From what I can see you are looking for Jason Cornthwaite.

Have a great day and good luck,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

welcome to the forum and thanks for your clarification.

A good level of service deserves a recommendation .

Cheers
Ricky

I was in touch with Jason Lauri once but disappeared one day. I don't know the other one.
My advice are, whoever the agent you will see, go and meet any agency. One agent can be good at one moment for one person for one type of property but the more you will visit agencies the more chances you will find.
Take your time, cause you can regret your choice.

Sorry for the delay and many thanks Groto, jeffb5620, Ricky and John2011 for your recommendations, I've been very busy dealing with school appointments around Malta and just recently came across what you wrote lately on this post.

I was visiting some of the estate agents in Tower Road Sliema; it is to say, Re/max, Dhalia, Frank Salt and another one which I cannot remember in this moment. To be honest I didn't have good feelings overall, I've seen in their websites a number of apartments listed around Sliema and surroundings with an average price of 550-600 € per month; however, by speaking to them they said that nothing is possible to rent in the area for that price. Is this correct? and if so, why do they list such properties? Some of them gave excuses based on the lack of  website updating.

Now I am waiting for Jason from Re/max - Jeffb560 I will check if he is the correct one -to contact me back with options to consider and I will see what can be done. In general- and this is something worrying me a bit- I noticed a very lazy attitude from the estate agents I spoke not really keen to help, maybe did I get the wrong people? Anyway, I will let you know once contacted by the estate agent from Re/max office in Sliema.

Thanks again for your time,

Astrid

Hi Astrid,

I can assure you that you can rent nice properties in Sliema for that kind of money!

That is half the average Maltese monthly income ! I would think that the real estate agent should put in some effort to earn 600 € from a property deal.

I will contact the guys I know about their opinion.

Cheers
Ricky

I am feeling lucky my cousin and Aunty are looking for me for my move at the end of the year. I also was looking at properties, some €1200 and above per month. This is before I knew how low wages were. Since calling my cousin who rents out his house in Meleha, 3 bedroom for €250 per month, it certainly brought it home what I should be paying. Of course it depends on the size of property and where it is determines the price.
Best of luck!

Thank you so much to both, it is good to get unbiased opinions that definitely help to better understand how to approach things in Malta. Ricky please feel free to point me out in the right direction as I appreciate very much your advice.

Regards