Travel plan to dubai via road

Hey,

Am planning to travel to UAE by driving along with ma family. am sure one of you must have had an experience driving to UAE from KSA.

Please advice me on tits n bits about this journey. Looking forward.

cheers

It's freaking long thats all you need to know. 10hours of butt cramp is not fun

Directions to Dubai/Abu Dhabi (UAE) from Riyadh
Follow signs for KHARG from Riyadh (Ring road/King Fahad Highway).

Continue driving to KHARG until you reach KHRAJ town.
Watch out for a big water tower on the left.
At the next set of traffic lights (Al Rajhi Bank on left) turn left towards Harad.

Go straight (roundabouts) and follow the sign for Harad & Batha (KSA-UAE Border)

Petrol Stations to Boarder - Approx 110, 178, 350 and 420 KM.

Check point (Harad) – approx 270KM

Total Distance from Riyadh to Batha (KSA-UAE Border) approx 560KM.

Saudi Border (Batha) Check points

1st Check point handover Drivers Passport, Estimara, likely question - how many passengers?
The officer must return a ‘car paper' listing car registration details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point handover All Passports & Car paper (Exit Stamp)

3rd Check point inspection car paper and passports – now drive towards UAE border

UAE Border (Al Ghewfiat) Check points

1st Check point park your car and take all passports to get UAE Visas & take the car paper with you for stamping.

1b. it's quite possible that you/adult will be asked for retina scan.

2nd Check point all documents checked - car paper/estimara/all passports.

3rd Check point UAE Customs drive through the scanners, don't go into the last lane (ensure car paper stamped)

Drive out & park your car left side, get out of car & get compulsory third-party insurance. (SAR100)

4th Check point - checks all passports and give car paper away.

Abu Dahbi is only 360 KM and Dubai is 480 KM from Al Ghewfiat Border.

Follow signs for Abu Dahbi (E11 ) and when you get closer to Abu Dahbi you will see the sign for Dubai.

Most petrol stations are modern in UAE (decent ADNOC service station is 125 KM from the Border -left side).

Return journey to Saudi

From Dubai follow signs for Abu Dhabi - E11 Sheikh Ziad Road (motorway).

Petrol is expensive in UAE so fill your car with enough petrol to get you to Saudi border.

ON E11 Sheikh Ziad Road look for sign Al Ghewfiat - don't miss this., its approx 60-70 KM from Dubai
If you miss the sign then look for Al Tarif or Sila or Al Sila (Border Town)

Last ADNOC service station is 353 KM from Dubai (125km from UAE border) – last chance to use a decent washroom.

UAE Border Check points

1st Check point present Estimara- The officer returns ‘car paper' listing car details and number of passengers traveling

2nd Check point Park the car and go to visa office (building) on your left (family can stay in the car)
a. Visit any serving counter to get exit stamp & pay 35 Dirham per passport (exact amount – Dirham only)
b. Ensure all passports including the car paper stamped

Saudi Border Check points
1st Check point show passports/car paper (Exit-Reentry Stamp)

2nd Check point Saudi customs check, park the car and get the luggage checked and get the car paper stamped

3rd Check point drive through as this window for visitors seeking Saudi insurance,

4th Check point just hand over the car paper to the official

if you want to travel via Kharj, look for signs to Riyadh/HARAD after the 2nd petrol station on your right,
otherwise stay on the road and follow the sign for Hafof.

Riyadh is 560KM from Border via Kharj and approx 625KM via Hafof/Al-AHSA.

Please drive carefully and watch out for sand dunes and camels, specially if traveling via KHARJ

The Border processing could be different for different nationalities; the above assumes that you have British nationality.

@ SaudiUK  - :top:

Well thanks loopy. I was talking about travelling from Jeddah not Riyadh. :)

Is it shocking for you. Me n ma wife enjoy driving and we have done this before also earlier in  our our country. Trying this in GCC would be different we know but lets give this a chance.

akn wrote:

Well thanks loopy. I was talking about travelling from Jeddah not Riyadh. :)

Is it shocking for you. Me n ma wife enjoy driving and we have done this before also earlier in  our our country. Trying this in GCC would be different we know but lets give this a chance.

Jeddah to Dubai is not going to be anymore fun :O lol
My husband likes driving too and has dragged me through Europe a few times also not a joyous occassin for me. We had a collapsable bed built into the back of the Cruiser so at least I could snooze whilst he drove :)

Well she has one too for a tight sleep also.

Your hubby missed being accompanied sharing the same spirit. Will sure keep you update on this while i return.

You can always tip me with your useful info.

Well have a good time. The only long trip I have done out here is to the Rub Al Khali for a week but that was a bit different to road driving :) add to contacts and shout if you head out on any more long excursions, it's always good to have a couple cars go together

thanks loopy,,

just thought for moment with having a trip along with other cars. It would be a real fun drive. Isn't it ?

Hope to do that soon dear.:cool::cool: