Staying for 2 months in Malta

Hi!

I'm a student from Finland. I will manage my summer placement  for 2 months in St. Juliens, that's why I'm looking for a small apartment (for 1 person) somewhere in St. Juliens or in Sweqie (around for 400 euro/month).
I will arrive to Malta on the 23rd of June until the 22nd of August.
If you have any suggestion, please, don't hesitate to let me know!

Thank You!

Hello egrilanyka.

Welcome to Expat.com!

In meantime, you can try to post an advert in the housing in Malta section. It could help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurélie, I will try it :)

Dóri

egrilanyka wrote:

Hi!

I'm a student from Finland. I will manage my summer placement  for 2 months in St. Juliens, that's why I'm looking for a small apartment (for 1 person) somewhere in St. Juliens or in Sweqie (around for 400 euro/month).
I will arrive to Malta on the 23rd of June until the 22nd of August.
If you have any suggestion, please, don't hesitate to let me know!

Thank You!

Do not hurry to throw away your euros. I think you can find a studio for a 200 euro.

Great :)

Do you have any idea where I could find those studios?

Look in to timesofmalta classifieds section.
I can also send you my real estate agent e-mail. She is trustworthy, I believe she could find you something.

Hi VaitkusTom!

It's so nice of you that you help me with these information.
At first I would try to find something without an estate agent's help; however it does not go well, I would ask your help again to send me that e-mail...
Thanks again & good night!

Dóri

Suggestion.
Do not limit yourself with St. Julians and Sweqie (? not sure where it is?)In St. Julians is hard to find a place. Be flexible and expand your radius. If you'll find something further, than no problem. The bus service is cheap in Malta (6.50 euro per week unlimited travel, you can check arriva website for bus routes and times).
  On the other hand. You are coming to Malta for 2 summer months. I doudt you need a quiet place for heavy studying -  it is fun time!. I would suggest you to rent a room in student apartment/house. It will be definitely cheaper, more fun and surely you will make friends.

Success,
Tom

6.50e per week is only for residents with id card. otherwise the weekly card is 12e and it is limited to not being usable after 11-1130pm when the night rate kicks in with a flat rate of 2.50e per journey per person

Oh? They changed it. About couple weeks ago there were diferent rates.

The rates haven't changed since Arriva took over (a year ago??)

http://www.arriva.com.mt/ticket-type

"To take advantage of the [discounted]fares listed below you must carry your official an official Malta Identity Card or a Registration Certificate/Residence Card (for EU citizens and their family members) or a Long-Term Residence Permit, all issued by the Government of Malta when purchasing these tickets and at all times when travelling."

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Please post in Housing in Malta section]

I am also looking for accommodation from 31st July for around 2months maybe more depending on work! Can anyone help ?