Excited & Apprehensive!!!

Hi Everyone
We are moving to Durban soon!
We are a family of 4 living in Singapore.
Now my husband is moving to Durban for work.
Our kids, 9 & 6 yr old girls attend a IB school here in Singapore.
We would most probably be living in Umhlanga region. It would be nice if someone could kindly tell me a bit about schools in that area.
I am very excited to move to Durban as we ( Girls & I) have never been to Africa and we are really looking forward to getting to know the place and culture. On the other hand, I do have concerns about general security situation.
Hoping to hear from you experienced folks.
Cheers

Hi Nitigupta
Such great news - since I'm South African I love to hear when people get the opportunity to work or live there. Kwa-Zulu Natal is a beautiful Province with great moderate weather and the winters are very mild. The North Coast where you'll be is gorgeous - Umhlanga and Ballito in particular and I understand your concern about security but just always take extra care and don't advertise your valuables such as a wallet, phones and laptops - like everywhere in the world you have to be vigilant. I cannot give you any advice as far as schools are concerned but I hope someone will be able to put your mind to ease. There's so much to do and to see so make sure you do it all - including in Durban and Pietermaritzburg! Enjoy the green rolling hills and relax!
Take care
Sally Harmse - working in Saudi Arabia but my home is Johannesburg in South Africa.