Some thoughts for the moderators

If you're going to delete posts, can you let us know why?

I like to learn from my mistakes, maybe others could learn too.

With more than 12,000 thousand connections every day and only 2 moderators, it is unfortunately almost impossible for us to explain to every single person why his/her post has been moderated.

terms and conditions

what was the subject of your post ?

Julien wrote:

With more than 12,000 thousand connections every day and only 2 moderators, it is unfortunately almost impossible for us to explain to every single person why his/her post has been moderated.

terms and conditions

Do you need any help?:)

I think you're missing the point.  With only 2 moderators it seems like you have more enough time to come into the Libya subforum everyday and moderate it (daily?), so it seems to me you have time to write a note.  Also, you could recruit some new moderators.

I don't know what internet forums are like in France, but having posts randomly deleted or links edited out without explanation is very discouraging. 

I think this is a decent place to discuss expat issues, but with this style of moderation you're going to drive users away.

I appreciate the work you do in running the site, but at the end of the day it's important to recognize that the users are also volunteering a lot of time to post information and provide content.

Julien wrote:

terms and conditions

Thanks Sarah, that's very kind of you. We might integrate a new moderator in a few weeks, but we've got a few things to do first ;)

Gabacho : what was the subject / content of your post?

We sometimes make mistakes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I notice that a couple more of my posts (in fact the entire thread!) have disappeared without notice or explanation  :mad:

??? maybe they've been moved to a temporary forum, but I don't think we've deleted your messages (I'll check with our moderators)