Newbie to Cuenca

I plan to visit Cuenca and procure a place to rent in June 2012.  Is there a reputable firm that could help me out with that since i don't know the language.  I plan to ship some items, mostly boxes, are there any suggestions as to who to use?  I have furniture but assumed it would be too expensive to ship those items. Since I don't know anyone in Cuenca, is there a location where I might meet other expats from the USA? Any other information that you feel I should know would be greatly appreciated.

Rickwiley

Hello Rickwiley,

There's many real state companies in Cuenca right now, some ones big, others just a couple of people looking to make some bussiness.

Real State market in Cuenca is complicated, the market is blooming, and prices too. A lot of demand but short of offers.

Look at www.ecuadorgreenrealstate.com  they're expats working on real state or in www.cuencacentral.com.

I don't know how they work I just have this names.

About moving cargo I can help you with this. Email me to [email protected]  to give you information about the process.

Expats meet Tuesdays, Thursdays in Di Bacco restaurant, Fridays in Zoe bar. And all week at Inca bar, Eucaliptus Cafe, California Kitchen.... and so on.

One advise, before do any final move to come to Cuenca be sure you can get a Resident Visa.

Vinny

Thank you so much Vinney for your help.

Rickwiley

Hi Rickwiley

There are couple of realstate that can guide you through. I got the numbers and websites of couple of them.

bienesraicesorellana.com

Mobil:  +(593)091537830
Office: +(593) 2807145

They Speak English so they can can help you with everything..

Thank you so much for your reply.

Richard