Howdy from Texas, Ecuador got Golf?

My wife and I, both in mid 50's plan on making the move next year. Probably look for a house to rent on outskirts of city. We have always lived in the country and would like at least a good sized yard. I probably will buy a house there a couple of yrs after living there and scouting for a good deal. I would appreciate any info on Golf Country club memberships in Cuenca as I cannot find the membership fees stated. I am an avid golfer and fisherman. Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

I called the Cuenca golf and country club while I was there several weeks ago and they told me there was and $8,000 one time fee to join the club and some monthly dues after. I didn't investigate further, since I didn't think the price was worth a 9 hole course.

Thank you Scooter for the reply.
Very hard to find any info on any of the courses so far.
You are right, it does sound steep for the membership. They must have gold flagsticks.
Any other info anyone has, I would appreciate it.

I believe Villar de Olacca is 34E per ound which is step.   Thats in Cuenca. Along the coast are more courses.

Also La Vereda G.C.

Cuena Golf and Tennis Club

I have been here over a year and a half now. The last price I got for the Cuenca Golf and Tennis club was $9,000 to join, $120 a month dues. 9 hole, no golf carts. Caddies available. Not worth it to me.
We are going back to the US in late September so my golf worries will be solved.

are you going back on vacation or are you moving back, if so mind saying why

Numerous not politically correct reasons that I wont go into.

Complete and total disregard for life while driving
No fishing, except for finger trout, No golf worth playing, and is too expensive to play here.
Miss family and real friends.
We have been here done that. I have no desire to live here any longer.
As I said, not politically correct, but I never said I was.

thanks, like to hear honest answer. Having been planning move but like to hear from people already there. Have been thinking Cuenca but not sure I want the cold time, over 20 years in Maine, now in Fl, not sure if I want to be cold at all. spoiled now,lol. Good luck