Bangkok district to live

Hi,

I am still contemplating in which are to live in Bangok for 1 year. I know for certain that I do not want to live in the busy silom or sukhumit area. So I came down to these three district to choose from. Anyone can mention some details about these neighboorhoods and your preference?

1. Ladprao/Pahonyothin/ari
2. Higher sukhumvit, Onnut and further. What about Udomsuk, not much info on the internet about this new developing neighboorhood with the new BTS line.
3. rathadaphisek

So which of these area's do you prefer to live, and why.

Thank you.

Hi Datebayo!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

I'm local, udomsuk  in my opinion is far from city but it can be less expensive, i think the Udomsuk station hasn't operated yet from what I google. Onnut should be in the middle range, not to crowded not too expensive, Ladprao/ari/ rathadaphisek are good as well, A-ri should be expensive but convenient, surrounded with office and condo, close to BTS. Ladprao is the long road with many avenue from 1 to 1xx, it depends where you stay, overall is the urban. Ratchadaphisek is the one nearby ladprao, close to MRT area and more office, department stores are growing. Hope it helps your decision. Silom and Sukhumwit has some good peaceful and enjoyable places but always expensive.