DIGRESSION THREAD!!

So ... this is my thread for digressions.  Any digression will therefore be ON TOPIC!

Welcome my friends.. and digress to your heart's content! :lol:

Okay, this is my first digression.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I positively-absolutely indisputedly HATE it when some new person PM's me and it's a cut/paste of what they wrote in their profile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you feel that you *must* intrude into my private space, at least say something original!!! and witty would be helpful, too :lol:

Digression #2:  Saw the "Hunger Games" yesterday.  Really good film!!!  Enjoyed it immensely (except there were three girls next to me who kept checking their mobile phones. WTF ?!?  Why go to the movies if you can't set aside the phone for a couple hours ?!?).

Oh yes .. maybe a millionaire was trying to call them to propose marriage.

All perfectly logical now ;)

Hay Alliecat my digression is of some noobs in call of duty thos noobs macks me :sick

I Hate the fact that it is hard to find anything but an address about a company online.
Found 4 film developing places in riyadh so far, but they have no website. Would be cool to know if they can do medium format AND 35mm. or if they even sold film!

1st world problems right?

Getting info here in KSA is a royal PITA!  That's why EB is so useful!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-drAVlAy-u-4/TiMv65JMNVI/AAAAAAAAAKo/ruKHz-d6yxc/s144/IMG_20110706_203753.jpg i love my second car but i hate maintaining it

yeah, but when noone on EB knows what i need it sucks lol

i hate the fact that there is no alcohol drinks so i go to dubai or bahrain to have fun

Almost an hour and 9 replies. Looks like a great idea!

Any special reasons to initiate it in JEDDAH forums? :lol:

najaray wrote:

i hate the fact that there is no alcohol drinks so i go to dubai or bahrain to have fun

you have the wrong friends

Sony Xperia S or Samsung Galaxy Note ??
Or should I wait for Samsung Galaxy S3 and Sony Xperia Ion??

Choosing a smart phone is 'mind-blasting' :mad: !!

if you are getting android it doenst matter. it will be out of date in 3 months anyways with something new.

Sony Xperia S...wtg!
After such a long time, the first look of some phone made me WOOOOOOOW...Classy!
Though I've never been an Android fan, so what's inside? is no curiosity.

By out of date, i mean a phone with a bigger screen, or better camera, or better shape will be out in a few months.  part of why i hate android, so segmented

Freshlikesushi wrote:
najaray wrote:

you have the wrong friends

:cheers: Me and Freshlikesushi gonna be right friends soon! :lol:

That was quick !!
All these can upgraded to Android 4.0.3, the Ice Cream Sandwich..

Freshlikesushi wrote:

By out of date, i mean a phone with a bigger screen, or better camera, or better shape will be out in a few months.  part of why i hate android, so segmented

True. Its the most difficult decision a consumer ever makes. Dont know how people can ever be content with any smart phone. :rolleyes:

but can the get the updgrade after that?
That is the big problem.

ghanshyampdave wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

True. Its the most difficult decision a consumer ever makes. Dont know how people can ever be content with any smart phone. :rolleyes:

apple can

They need to keep generating $$$$ :P

If your existing smartphone does not support a new OS, then you are forced to buy a new smartphone for using that new feature. Else you would be left behind in the new age social networking race ...

Freshlikesushi wrote:

apple can

:one
2 days back I dropped my fon in water and the ringer stopped working. The immediate next thought was to rush and get a new 4S. (And this didn't happen for the first time.)
The second thought was to blow dry. Worked!!! Such a dependable hardware.

There are reasons iOS users are so loyal.

not acceptable for phones to come out of the gate with inability to upgrade. they are out there. trust me.

Apple keeps at least 3 years of phones in the loop.  300% better than android in taht sense.  Plus you know that once a year a minor refresh comes, and once every two years, a major redesign (so far in history)

granted i dont have an iphone anymore since i didnt want a contract in the US. but ill have another one when i come back to saudi

I've never used an Apple or an Android.  I'm still in the Symbian Age..:/

Freshlikesushi wrote:

apple can

:offtopic:

Until yesterday I wanted Galaxy Note. Today morning I wanted Galaxy Note, Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia S & Xperia Ion..
Now I want Galaxy Note, Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia S, Xperia Ion and Apple 4S... :mad::mad:

Aren't the applications on Apple very costly ?? Not many free apps.. Android allows you a lot of free apps..:/

Was wondering, why do we close threads / topics ?? Actually I know that answer..
Can we not provide a list of Do's and Dont's on the forum, so that new joinees on EeBee can understand what's appropriate on this forum and what's not.. This can reduce the need for moderation by all..

ghanshyampdave wrote:

I've never used an Apple or an Android.  I'm still in the Symbian Age..:/

im on maemo also with an N900 lol.

the threads that are closed have to do with leghumping, and hitting on the girls mostly. or have yuo not noticed that?

BTW

this isnt a topic about cell phones either good sir. its a general topic :)

@FLS, I know  that.. I was just suggesting something to the EeBee Team..

Ok.. I'll start a new thread on Mobile phones.. On this topic we will discuss only the "General" stuff ;)

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Aren't the applications on Apple very costly ?? Not many free apps.. Android allows you a lot of free apps..:/

Come on @ghanshyampdave, I have 300+ apps and I never paid a buck even.

:unsure I might be mis-guided by some Android loving Samsung fans !!

We've been so lucky to have that many times of rains [and equal number of sand storms too :(]

....Another DIGRESSION!

I have 3 figs a day, it helps with my digression ...

Its Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid today. Personally I would like to see Real Madrid go through the semis so that I get to see a Barca vs Real Mardrid champions league final. (However I'm not a Real fan)

I also think if Bayern Munich go through the semis(quite likely) then the final would be even better as the final will be on the Bayern Munich home ground which would not be a neutral pitch for Barca/Chelsea.

Not a glory hunter but want to see Real win tonight.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Almost an hour and 9 replies. Looks like a great idea!

Any special reasons to initiate it in JEDDAH forums? :lol:

Blah! :P

I'd been drinking some lovely tropical drinks at the bar and screwed up! 

But let me say that if this is the worst thing I've done so far, I'm being a perfect :gloria

ghanshyampdave wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

apple can

HEY!  *spanking emoticon*  NOTHING is off topic on my digression thread!!!

Freshlikesushi wrote:

the threads that are closed have to do with leghumping, and hitting on the girls mostly. or have yuo not noticed that?

These would actually be FUNNY if they weren't so annoying because somebody will dig one up from a year ago and then it will go on for a month or two.. then die.. only to be resurrected in six months .. with the 'leghumpers' addressing the OP who hasn't been seen or heard from in a year!! :lol:

agent47 wrote:

Its Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid today. Personally I would like to see Real Madrid go through the semis so that I get to see a Barca vs Real Mardrid champions league final. (However I'm not a Real fan)

I also think if Bayern Munich go through the semis(quite likely) then the final would be even better as the final will be on the Bayern Munich home ground which would not be a neutral pitch for Barca/Chelsea.

Not a glory hunter but want to see Real win tonight.

DIGRESSION: Real Madrid has the hottest players :top:

Captain Jaw Breaker wrote:

I have 3 figs a day, it helps with my digression ...

You could simplify that by just one prune ;)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

We've been so lucky to have that many times of rains [and equal number of sand storms too :(]

....Another DIGRESSION!

DIGRESSION:  in Saudi Arabia, every second guy is named Mohammed.  Ever notice that in the UK, every second guy is named Simon?  Any idea why??  I mean, I understand why Saudi's name their sons Mohammed, but why name your son Simon ?!?

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

apple can

HEY!  *spanking emoticon*  NOTHING is off topic on my digression thread!!!

Not even if I ask about Sony Xperia and Samsung, while they suggest an Apple ??:rolleyes: