Offered a job in sulaymaniyah

Hello all,

This is my first post here so I'll start by introducing myself. I'm a Jordanian living in UAE where I work in Education management. I'm currently negotiating a job offer in Sulaymaniah that might include some commuting to remote areas, but will be based in sulaymaniyah. The salary and benefits are good, my wife is being offered something in sulaymaniah as well. However, my concerns are all about the safety of living there; more specifically, how "friendly" are the locals to Arab Expats? I've been hearing about some demonstrations and unrest there, is it dangerous to be there at this time?

Shall appreciate your feedback.

hello,

i dont't think you will have problems, usually people are nice there. they welcomed foreigners so don't worry.

byee

(moderated: off topic)

it is absolutely safe to live in suleimaniya, it is generally safe in the north, I mean in the kurdish cities like Erbil, Suleimaniya, Dohuk..

SAVE 100%

hi there..

yeah, it's safe 100% my husband is american citizen working in suli since oct 2011 and nothing wrong with the safety there... only maybe there's not much places to see on weekend.. :)

I am also considering a move to Sulimaneya ....

Any general info about prices for basic goods (food, drinks, internet access, ....etc.) and entertainment ?

HI
Originally from Iran(Tehran) ,Moved to Sweden 1985 and studied in diffrenet medical field until decided to carry on Dentistry, DDS until 1997 . Moved to london and been working as a Dentist since 1997 in national health service and my own two private surgeries up to 2013. The main focus area is implant and cosmetic treatmnets plus all kind of dentistry. Now I have sold my share and free to move for a new and piecefull enviroment close to my origin country.
I am keen to work as a permanent basis or contract in the health care and ready for any offer. I am flexible,easygoing and love to meet happy and gennuine peole.
[email protected]
Thank you
IA

@almasii。 > you should post an ad in the jobs in Iraq section. It might help you.

Thanks.

Hi!I am a Greek .i am in Suli for 2 months.Till now I did not have a problem.It is totally safe.I ve met many people that lived abroad for years and they decided to relocate back to Iraq again.This makes them more easy going towards foreigners.I don't know about ur job offer but in case it will be an international school (like the one I work),I guess you will feel more comfortable :)