Work and life in Kurdistan

hello all
i am a doctor of medicine(general phisition)and like to live in kurdistan of iraq.i can give an offer easy,how is the situation of work and life there for me.thanks alot

Hellofasahf.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Iraq forum.

More informations on what you are looking for can help us give you better guidance.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Fasahf,

I don't live in Kurdistan anymore but I can tell you that the situation is pretty safe, especially if you're planning to settle in Arbil.
I would say that the life is sweeter in Souleymanye since the cultural life is more active there.
My question is have you been thinking about the language issue.
Do you speak sorani or kumandji? Most of the kurdish who grew up under the Saddam era speak arabic (do you speak arabic?) but most of those who are under 30 don't speak eather english, either arabic so it might be an obstacle.

If you need i might be able to conntect you with the guy who was my driver and fixer in Arbil. He is a great person.

Best

Marc

Hi guys.
My name is Ghulam Muhammad and i am pakistani national . I am Doctor (General Practitioner ) . I want to work in Kurdistan in any private clinic or hospital . can any body find a perfect agency for me .
Thanks

Hello Ghulam Muhammad -> You should post an advert in the Jobs in Iraq section. It shall help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Marcnews,

Is your contact still there in Erbil? or is he Iraqi national?

I am coming to erbil this august and still thinking of safety but according to my employer it is very safe as you said also.

do you know the british company Gulf Keystone Petroleum?

Thanks a lot. expecting your reply.

regards,

Bob

Hi i got a job offer to work in a new hotel in kurdistan its "COPTHORNE HOTEL" do you guys have any info. about this hotel?

im having doubt if im going to accept the job offer because of the safety.

hope you guys could give me some advice and information about how safe to live in kurdistan for a filipino.

thanks

Hi i got a job offer to work in a new hotel in kurdistan its "COPTHORNE HOTEL" do you guys have any info. about this hotel?

im having doubt if im going to accept the job offer because of the safety.

hope you guys could give me some advice and information about how safe to live in kurdistan for a filipino.

thanks

That hotel if I am not wrong is in Sulyumania City, its not a bad hotel at all... You are most of your work and life will be at work..

Hi. Me too will be coming t owork in Erbil this coming August. Prior i accept the offer is the assurance of my safety or the saftey environment in Erbil. I accept the offer since the company assured me and promised that safety is very much excellent in Erbil.

Apart from advices from the members from this group that reconfirms very safe place of Erbil.

Hope this will help you decide to accept the offer.:)

Regards,

Bob

You still need to be careful, regardless of what anyone say's...

Yes Correct. Even anywhere in the world we should be extra careful and vigilant around us....

Bob, you have seen nothing yet my friend !!!

Hi , its okay to work in Kurdistan
for the safety its 100% safe  the life here not normal its a little expensive
for the entertainments its not perfect but not bad as well
Best Regards,
Gaber

love working in Kurdistan, there are challenges but easy to overcome.

I am living in Kurdistan since over two years. I can confirm it is safe. Even safer than some big cities in the west. Would you take a walk alone in a big park after sunset in your hometown? Well, you can do that here. And that big guy that suddenly comes out of nowhere in the darkness is most likely going to politely greet you and possibly offer you a cigarette...

Kurdistan is 100% SAFE. I live here. I'm from India and have worked in GCC earlier.
Life is good. no problem.

I'm a Kenyan lady got a offer letter to work in a new hotel Warwick Babylon hotel in Iraq. How safe is the place...does anyone know the company?!! Help me out

Mkatunge wrote:

I'm a Kenyan lady got a offer letter to work in a new hotel Warwick Babylon hotel in Iraq. How safe is the place...does anyone know the company?!! Help me out

Just remember there is now a civil war and fighting going on in Iraq.

Kurdistan is a safe place so far, nothing to worry about. They have self autonomy as compared to rest of iraq.

thanks can u tell me any agency in delhi, india through which I can get job in construction field as I m an architect

Hi all, any updates on how is the situation is nowadays regarding security and prices..etc?
I have a job opportunity there so i need any new updates.

Thanks, Amir

http://bot.gov.krd/about-kurdistan/tourism

The Kurdish Peshmerga was the first to stop IS going to Kurdistan,
The Kurdistan area is safe and the Kurdish army is participating in a big operation to finish terrorism in Iraq.
No Fear, go and visit Kurdistan and start your new life.

To download the Tourism guide for Kurdistan search for
Official Site of General Board of Tourism of Kurdistan - Iraq

Wish all of you a nice stay in Kurdistan

Hello ma'am. It is completely safe, but you need to appreciate that nobody speaks English so communication can be very difficult, and frustrating. However if you speak Arabic you should be fine. No can drivers speak English so getting out is tough.

Very safe.  Safer than most parts of the "modern" world, actually.

Beware of the fact, though, that the area is digging itself out of a financial crisis as the region seemed to not have prepared for declining oil prices.

Certain commercial brands and products are not readily available or much more expensive.  The cell phone system will take some getting used to as well.

All in all, though, like any other people in the world, the Kurds simple want peace and happiness.  They want to be able to provide a safe environment for their children and allowed to develop their culture like anybody else.