What to do in riyadh, can you make life a little more interestinG????

The idea is to come up with stuff,
we would have categories and listing under

1-Gym : the hot weather in riyadh makes working out a luxury, you can't run outside its either too cold or too hot. To sunny or too crowded.

2- Dining
    2a- not healthy dinning, the options are endless. as you see many people are sadly over weight hence we want to find healthy eating options
    2b- healthy places to eat ( subway), they have the salads you can have with chicking or turky but not bread.
homing cooking is such a good subtitute, Who can cook ? lol

Home cooking.....??? You have experts here (like me). My cooking skills start from a half-fry egg and ends at the same recipe :(

thats why you get a cook book, and you have all the time in world, lol.

getting a cook book? Isn't it easier get to a KFC drive-through?  :sleep

Talm wrote:

thats why you get a cook book, and you have all the time in world, lol.

Cookbook??  You can find any recipe you want on the internet (try www.recipes.com lol).

See....so many excuses not to buy cook books. That's why Jarir Bookstore has a lot of them; no one purchases. :lol:

Talm,

I notice that your profile now has a headless/shirtless pic--wearing only a towel around your waist--and I ask you to consider the appropriateness of this. 

Is this something you would be happy for your mother to see?  Your sister?

If it's not, I ask you to please change it.

I see in your profile that you are Saudi and for you to do this in a forum that is for expats .. well I find it disrespectful that you do with us what you wouldn't do with your own people.

@talm I say walk around in Prince Sultan or KFMC. The weather is super awesome now. It will be sandy and windy tomorrow but not today.

@TLL it takes 25 minutes to dress and bake chicken tenders. You can wrap them in your own pita bread from tamimi or jazeera and you don't need kfc.=3

I like cooking my own stuff from allrecipes.com. Baked buffalo wings are my fave with homemade blue cheese dressing. I've recently taken to eggless baking and am now playing with recipes on egglesscooking.com. A lot of ingredients aren't difficult to find and a lot of stuff are easy to cook. Who needs cookbooks?=D

@alliecat right on.

lam

x0mi07 wrote:

@talm I say walk around in Prince Sultan or KFMC. The weather is super awesome now. It will be sandy and windy tomorrow but not today.

@TLL it takes 25 minutes to dress and bake chicken tenders. You can wrap them in your own pita bread from tamimi or jazeera and you don't need kfc.=3

I like cooking my own stuff from allrecipes.com. Baked buffalo wings are my fave with homemade blue cheese dressing. I've recently taken to eggless baking and am now playing with recipes on egglesscooking.com. A lot of ingredients aren't difficult to find and a lot of stuff are easy to cook. Who needs cookbooks?=D

@alliecat right on.

xomi, r u still walking  or not :)

faisal145 wrote:

Nope. I told you that I'm not allowed to walk outside anymore. My fiance spoke to my folks about it so they've dissuaded me from walking outside. Then he surprised me by popping in here for vacation from Korea. He got me a stationary bicycle and a new treadmill once he got here. We're currently discussing the pros and cons of gym memberships. He just wants the both of us to hang out with the family while he's here.

@x0mi07 :( awww... that's too bad to hear...
now, you just made 'walking around KFMC a little less interesting... anyway...goodluck with the new equipment ;):rolleyes:

3 - PaintBall!!! (though i have never tried it here yet) :sosad:

x0mi07 wrote:
faisal145 wrote:

Nope. I told you that I'm not allowed to walk outside anymore. My fiance spoke to my folks about it so they've dissuaded me from walking outside. Then he surprised me by popping in here for vacation from Korea. He got me a stationary bicycle and a new treadmill once he got here. We're currently discussing the pros and cons of gym memberships. He just wants the both of us to hang out with the family while he's here.

Pity I don't live near you--I'd walk with you!

Alliecat wrote:

Pity I don't live near you--I'd walk with you!

It's the thought that counts? *hugs* Thank you though! :kiss: I would've liked that. I tried to wave at the other filipinas around my age or other women who regularly walk alone but they don't seem to be too keen on responding to strangers like me who smile or say hi.:unsure

Maybe I come off as overly social or downright creepy. I prefer the former but it might come across as the latter.:blink:

RE: 1-Gym : the hot weather in riyadh makes working out a luxury, you can't run outside its either too cold or too hot. To sunny or too crowded.

Hahaha just saw this, brilliant; Too cold to run outside in Riyadh. Nesh!

Anyway, why IN Riyadh? cities are the same everywhere; concrete and metal cliffs. I'm sure you guys all have cars and/or drivers. The fuel here is cheaper than water. It's not like you can go to the opera (correct me if I'm wrong, there might easily be a cultural proxy) Go outside!  There are even mammals here that are undescribed, and I bet you can actually go and hunt stuff that is new to science, where else can you consume endangered species (apart from china)?