Letter of attorney

Hi Guys ,

do you know if it is possible to do a letter of attorney (to drive a car) for someone who doesn't have his iqama yet ?

thanks

I thought you had to have iqama to have a car in the first place :blink:
My husband wasnt even allowed to drive his company car till his iqama came through

G D F wrote:

Hi Guys ,

do you know if it is possible to do a letter of attorney (to drive a car) for someone who doesn't have his iqama yet ?

thanks

Yes - it is possible.  What is needed is a letter of authorization written by the owner of the car authorizing this person to drive the car.  The letter HAS to be written in Arabic, specify the name of the driver, passport number, dates that he is authorized to drive the car, and area where he is autorized to drive the car (e.g., Riyadh city limits only).

Louise.Welge wrote:

I thought you had to have iqama to have a car in the first place :blink:
My husband wasnt even allowed to drive his company car till his iqama came through

You are correct, you have to have an iqama to own a car but an iqama is not required to drive a car, as long as there is a letter of authorization.

Louise.Welge wrote:

Well on International DL you can drive the car for a certain duration, correct me if I'm wrong. However, I agree with you on the former comment. Cant buy a car without IQAMA in place....!!

Yes @GDF, letter of attorney can't be issued in the name of a person who didn't get his Iqama yet.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy great news
thx guyssss :D Love you all :D

should i go with :
Hyundai Elantra ?
Kia ceratto ?
Chevrolet cruze ?

let me know what u think