Riyadh ain't so bad, seriously.

Believe me or not its true. I immensely love my city Karachi but i have started to like Riyadh a lot and feel much better (minus those family politics around me ) or probably i have been too contend or lucky to have a wonderful spouse and friends.
You just need to have friends around and be active, i joined one page on social networking site as a admin of Riyadh ladies which has more than 500 Pakistani and few Indian ladies and it keeps me to busy, i even take care the sales and promotion for our Local musical Band and find it quite time consuming.

So the idea is,engage yourself in some activity rather than whining about riyadh and its life :)

:top:

nonz wrote:

So the idea is,engage yourself in some activity rather than whining about riyadh and its life :)

Isnt that the recipe of happy life !!!

Fully agree with Nonz. We spent 6 long years in AlKhobar and truly loved the place and still do. Now, having spent 26 years in Riyadh has made this our second home and we love it just the same. Its a matter of mind over matter.

@Nonz Is the band you are managing ANTAQAZ? I also came across another Pakistani band called NAQSH, recently, but have never heard them sing or play.

nonz wrote:

But it's much more fun to whine about things! :lol:

Whining, sure has become a great pastime and fun activity in the desert, especially when people get together for some Wining, as I understand?

good Luck nonz

nonz wrote:

I totally agree. I started to like being in Riyadh since I started socializing more and meeting new people.

The variety of people one can choose from to make friends in a city like Riyadh is one of the most diverse in the world

houstonian wrote:
nonz wrote:

I don't whine about things--I prefer to ***** about them! :lol:

@Allie I think thats a gender dependent factor

musicman wrote:

Oh trust me -- there's plenty of bitchy men :mad:

lol

@Allie, hmm thats interesting, must observe this carefully henceforth. From which end do they bitch?

Alliecat wrote:
musicman wrote:

lol

Oh yes, so true :P

houstonian wrote:
nonz wrote:

hehehehe yeah i have seen people who just do it for fun

I would love so much to live there! I am happy that there are expats who enjoy it :)

@Talanathas English teachers are much in demand here, especially females. You should try and look for some opportunities in the education sector for the coming new school year in September.

Alliecat wrote:
musicman wrote:

lol

I resemble that comment!! :)

Is that something like a shemale?

Please, concentrate on initial topic!

Thanks,
Harmonie.

sorry Harmonie, was just pulling a little leg only. After all man does not live by bread alone?

houstonian wrote:
nonz wrote:

:cheers:

Try this on FB - http://www.facebook.com/WeLoveRYD

Queensday reception at Netherlands Embassy premises

April 30, 2012, 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Everyone can go there?

Fidgety Soul wrote:

Everyone can go there?

these events are not like just going for a walk in the park!!

either you are officially invited to attend (usually big business people) or you use some "waasta" and the third option is that you are so regular at their events that your name is always on the list.....

rightly said,come out of family politics,make your own circle,sing with the sandy storms and you will be enjoying the hell out of your life :D