License help

Good day guys,

I got all of my wife's papers translated to get the Canadian license transferred to the Kuwaiti one.

Mine was done by my sponsor. Now I got the exact same paperwork done for her (translations and all) plus the one that shows I am sponsoring her.

However, I do not have the time to go around doing everything with her (taking her to the ministry for the approval, etc...).

Do you know of a mandoob for hire or somebody that can aid us on this?

Thanks.

you could ask your company's mandoub to do the legwork for you and cross his palm with silver.

just be sure to explain the part about your wife being under your sponsorship.

focoloco wrote:

Good day guys,
I got all of my wife's papers translated to get the Canadian license transferred to the Kuwaiti one.

focoloco, could you briefly explain what process you went through, and what papers you translated? Is a university degree required (attested and all?) from the Canadian authorities?

Thanks in advance,

legacy: I tried, but his time wouldn't allow it (the company is one of those slave runners that abound here)

bhaas: Yes, my degree was included. So... those idiots in the hwy are engineers? Yeah, right.

I had to get the license attested at the embassy, the degree attested back home (with all due translations) and nor sure what other papers. Then have the attested here, again, by the foreign affairs ministry.

Afterwards I went to the ministry for them to give approval to transfer the incense, then the eye test and then go get the license at the police station (or whatever that place was).

The papers are not the issue, the process is. You end up going to non disclosed locations with non-identified offices where you have to guess which of the laying down coffee drinkers you have to address because if it is the wrong one they make a fuzz. (I'm a 6 foot 185 pound white but I saw them getting physical with some mandoubs). Very few people speak (or are willing to) english.
If you have time to run around like a headless chicken, you might just end up getting a license.

I might try it once more on our own, but I am to the point of risking ending up in jail for assaulting a bunch of officials.