How to survive in Dhaka?

i just came in for 3 days and already bored to death!how you people are passing time in here, and how you are couping this 7/24 noisy city?any help will be highly appreciated

what are your hobbies?
Golf, Tennis, Bicycling, Poker, Join a club, HHH,
Need to make a bit of effort, but many things are possible in a limited way.
Based on your past countries I take it you are in oil and Gas? Many of teh guys hang out at the BAGHA

kim & mika wrote:

what are your hobbies?
Golf, Tennis, Bicycling, Poker, Join a club, HHH,
Need to make a bit of effort, but many things are possible in a limited way.
Based on your past countries I take it you are in oil and Gas? Many of teh guys hang out at the BAGHA

thanks for the reply...it was noise making me crazy,now i got used to it..i guess :) after finding some restaurants,cafes to hang out :) i feel better now..

I feel like that when I'm in Dhaka as well.. plus the heat is unbearable this time of year :( Which part of Dhaka are u staying? There tends to be more to do in Gulshan, Banani and Dhanmondi (but the last is v.v.crowded)..

I could think of the following things to do...make friends with some locals ( bengalese are usually friendly and hospitable), read a good book, go for a walk in one of the parks ( when its dark it can be dangerous with mugging incidents), watch a good movie and go out travelling during weekends to areas like chittagong, cox bazar, etc..