Internet in accra

I have been told there are a lot of black outs in accra does this affect the internet service, and what are they doing to correct this ?How is bussiness interuped?
/

Get use to it, its part of life there:D

There is nothing to do and nothing seems to be planned. You just have to be patient and wait for power to come back. People are all used to it here! So if you are lucky it wont last more than an hour! Its really annoying but you just have to cope.

It's not the powercuts that bother me so much as we have a generator, it's the internet companys that mess you around with connectivity.

there is still a light of hope glo is coming.
They might be worse than vodafone (everything is possible)or they might delay again.
The real good hope is that somebody is digging in my area to settle optical fiber.
This is real, I received a letter from the compagny and I saw the work.
For what it worth they told that it was for MTN???????????.
so lets pray

what is the best internet service one can use in Accra? any idea of wireless companies around?

We use iburst and it has been very reliable. It is quite expensive to set up but we have been using it for 18 months now and it is only costing us GhC 50 per month for their megadata use.
You have to remember in Ghana that you pay for every megabite you use so things like Norton Anti Virus and Windows updates cost as they are constantly updating.

jyde wrote:

what is the best internet service one can use in Accra? any idea of wireless companies around?

hi

I'm linving in Accra since 5 Months and i use Airtel Internet key ! it's the most chipper relative to the money ! I used to buy 60 Cedi per month and i have 10GB and i can use internet like i want, skype, facebook.. the conection is good, quick but some moment it's slow.

you can also make your choice between others MTN, Vodafone (if you want internet wifi at home), Tigo ...
I hope i help you a little! if you have another question !

yes it has alot of black out but the internet is very good

their is nothing you can do about the power black outs but if you get an apartment that has a generator to back up the power supply you will make your life much more pleasant in Accra.all you have to pay is a small fee for the fuel to run it.wish you luck

I'm interested to have information about internet in Accra. In Kenya I use to have a dedicated fiber at home for download/upload of 10Mbps. I'm willing to pay but is it available?

Vodafone is probably the only broadband company.  It is fast (Up to 12Mbps - from 65cedis unlimited(no more capped). Vodafone works 70-80% of the time. As a backup, I use an airtel dongle and pay as I go. Powercuts, not much you can do about it.  A backup generator is recommended.

Thanks you Nyhoi, I finally refuse to go... :( unfortunatly I need internet to work...