Looking to move over for the online gaming industry

Hello all,

Im just looking for a bit of advice, tips, and maybe even contacts,

Im a graduate from the UK, 23, Ive worked in London doing marketing roles, however my passion is to work in the online gaming industry, and to work abroad, so what better place than gib? Ill also hopefully be able to learn spanish if i live across the border to.

So ive been applying to various companies, however ive been advised to move to gib first, as it will allow me to find work much quicker, than trying to secure a job whilst still in the uk? would you say thats true? if i were to get a short term rent for 2 months, is there a good chance of securing a job within that time frame?

Would anyone also have any reccomendations for who to apply to? or any specific contacts?

Secondly, accomodation, how would be the best way for me to go about finding a 1 bed apartment, or even better just one room, on a tight budget for initially 2 months whilst i try and secure somthing?

just any tips or advice, from those who are there would be great,

many thanks

Hello;
I would like to recommend that you get in contact with any job agencies within Gib, pass them your c.v and tell them that you are willing to go there for an interview any time.

I think that you can rent a room from 140 upwards
Good luck!

Anaaa, 140 what? per month or per week, Euros or Sterling?

Hi

Personally speaking I plan to email my cv to the agencies and/or companies direct and arrange several interviews with agencies and employers. I think you can secure interviews where you are and pay the costs yourself. I guess being there already may have it's advantages. Online gaming roles are on the up, so no shortages!

hth

Coco

http://www.pentasia.com/

Good luck :)