Work in Hungary

Hello,
I would like to work in Hungary and I need info about visa. As I know the company which wants to hire me will arrange the work permit but I have to arrange my visa. How is the process? I am living in Bangalore, do I have to travel to Delhi for requesting visa? What do I need to attach?
My financial status is not very well now, my bank account is around zero from years. Is it possible I get visa even if I am poor now? I have cash for flight ticket and rent a room/live there.
All information/suggestion is welcome.
My e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi,

I can't tell you anything specific, but I had a few friends and colleagues visit from India to Hungary. They were always worried about the bureaucracy and the visa requirements, (both tourists and business), we faxed all kinds of letters of invitations for them on fancy company letterhead, but eventually none of them had any trouble.
(these were a few years ago, and never for extended stay or employment.)

The company hiring you should be able to provide all the necessary paperwork.

The company who wants to hire you should be able to provide all the necessary details. The company I'm working with is based in New Jersey but has a lot of IT guys from India who are already here with a 1-2 year contracts. In fact, one of them just arrived today.

It is indeed a long process if you are to work here long term for the working permit takes some time to be processed.

Namaste!
I have replied just now to your personal message.
It's important to show them that you're financially stable.
But i think in your case, your work company should assist you with all the legal paper works.
I suggest you to call the Hungarian Embassy in India and they will tell you all details and make an appointment for you as well.
Take care

Hi,

See answers below:

How is the process?
I dont think you have a workpermit.workpermit is decided once you submit the application to embassy at delhi, which is later sent to hungary immigration department in hungary. new delhi has no powers to grant long stay visas greater than 90 days especially for workpermits,research,education etc.they are only authorised for tourist visa for less than 90 days, which is schengen visa.as new delhi deals with 90 day visa, they dont have exact requirements for other visas.you have to keep in touch with hungarian mission in budapest and shoot email.they can help you on requirement sometimes or route back your case to newdelhi.workpermit is authorising document issued by immigration department stating you have right to work only for certain period of time after investigating your workpermi application. dont confuse workpermit with work offer (employment offer).

if you have employment contract/offer issued by hungarian employer, ensure it is hungarian and as well as english.(because you need to know what is written in hungarian)

the process is to attach

-offer of employment in hungarian nd english
-health insurance (ensure offer has health insurance..normally employer provides it..if employer doesnt provide, you have to buy health insurance for the period of contract employer hiring you..it costs 500-1000 euro, depending on plan you choose..but as a general rule, if an offer is geniune employer provides you insurance)..so offer document is far enough to prove health insurance,if it specifies health insurance.
-proof of funds for staying in hungary..as you will be working for employer,he pays you in return as salary, offer letter is sufficient showing breakup of compensation in detail.ensure offer is more than 800 euro (240000HUF).because standard of living costs is minimum 400 euro..hope u can research on this.
-proof of accomodation to stay in hungary. this the most imp document.it specifies where u stay along with period, rent etc..its like a rental agreement in india. Employer will not provide this.you have to find a flat, either you book it from the expected arrival date to till your last day of employment contract.ensure you take visa applying date+10 days is the start date of rental contract..this is safe due to some reasons.find real estate agents in expat list and communicate with them.please note that this has to be geniune in nature and police does series of valid checks on this document.dont get to bogus agents.be careful.best way is to get done by friend.this has to be notarised by hungarian public notary officer or lawyer.it costs 1200 euro (assuming two month advance, 400 euro as rent)
-property registration certificate. this is a document stating that the owner of flat who is giving rent to you, is registred for his property in hungary.this clearly states the addrress of the flat and registration number of flat.this is not necessary but it makes your visa approval faster.if you dont submit this, the authorities will check land registry and it may take a month or a day..all depends on working style.
-itinerary of your journey. you dont need t buy flight tickets. its just a plan of journey. you can obtain this from a travel agent in bangalore.they can do it free of cost.go t cox and kings.inform that you have job offer and enclose it.they can provide you online itinerary document.enclose this
-police clearance certificate..apply this in passport office.it takes 1-3 months to get it.apply for visa only after this.you can also apply this at police commissioner office,banglore.check office on this.they do faster in a month or less but costs 16 euro or 1000 INR.this is must document
-medical certificate of fitness. you have t go for series of checks on ur health, then obtain certificate from hospital which is having registration number of doctor as well as hospital.it takes 100 euro (6500 INR). and dont forget t get vaccinated as preventive measure.this is nust else EU doesnt allow immigrants with no vaccination.sometimes border control asks for certificate nd test results.
-resident permit application..you can find it online
-fee
-passport original..ensure you have validity of atleast 3-5 years
-provide the summary of documents in excel..t b more clear t authorities

I am living in Bangalore, do I have to travel to Delhi for requesting visa? yes you have to..talk to care number and fix your appointment for visa, once you have all documents..

What do I need to attach? as mentioned above.

you have to know this is the process if you are applying independently, if you have an offer from employer here.if employer in india transfers you or assign you in hungary, the process will be dealt by employer only.the same process for all eu nations but a slight variation and own rules of country.the best is get in touch with immigration department or hire lawyer who can does this.

so obtain job offer nd i guess u have to get it.

Thank you very much sapwise.