Visa for Hungary

dear all

i m indian i have registered civil partnership with hungarian guy. now we need to go hungary how i should apply for there.. as his partner ...do i need visa..or how can i apply

johnkumar wrote:

dear all

i m indian i have registered civil partnership with hungarian guy. now we need to go hungary how i should apply for there.. as his partner ...do i need visa..or how can i apply

Well if you have registered your Civil partnership, I assume you might have certificate as well.Further more you need to do the following :-

1) Get the Certificate Apostle, i hope you know from where.

After That,-----

2) Get the translation done of the certificate received by you.It can be done by Embassy (thy charge a lot.
               or----------
B)If your spouse is in Hungary send the Certi to him, that would easier and hassle free and it cost almost nothing.i Hope he knows where to go for it if not then let me know.

2)Anyhow you have to get your marriage "Registered" in Hungary as well. This is very very very Important --- In order to stay in Hungary and for the visa. With  the Original Certificate obtain by you along with Apostle stamp and Translation,Your Spouse has to submit to his local marriage bureau.

After 30 day he will receive Hungarian Marriage Certi that you need to Submit along with your Visa Application you have to give Original Marriage Certi at the time of Application Submission.

For the rest of .Doc Checklist Scroll above you may find everything related to it.

If you more question feel free to ask or just pm me.

I am Indian citizen and recently got married with a Hungarian girl, in Hungary.
It took us about 6-7 months to arrange all the required paper and finally we got married in Hungary. Don't loose the hope. The Indian Embassy in Budapest is not helpful. Plus a lot of money was spent on translation as only OFFI(legal translation office in Hungary) certified copies are accepted here.

But if you're in India, then you can apply for 90 days visa to come to Hungary and then later get 5 years residence permit.

Good luck

Hello johnkumar.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Hungary forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

That is a good advie

Hi

I can see you have a knowledge with the procedures in applying for a visa in Hungary.

I am from the Philippines and my boyfriend is Hungarian but he works in Germany. We would like to get married as soon as possible.

Can you please advise us on what is the first and best thing to do?

I am also wondering if its better/quicker process to get married here in the Philippines or Hungary/Germany instead?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, Thank oyu for contacting me.

I do not know the process for Philippines but Hungary is easier than Germany,

Your boyfriend and you can surely marry in Germany and the fact that he works there is that he does not need to come to Hungary and ask for holidays from his work.

Are you in your country or in Germany?

If you decide to make the papers in Hungary, you will need to prove your boyfriend address, that he works and can support you if you do not work( if he or you have 4000 eu in the bank account  its ok for that part, you do not need to show that you have an employer)

you can contact us   [email protected]

Thank you
Regards
Nico

Hi Nico_Buda,

Thank you so much for that very quick reply. That is very helpful.

I am now in the Philippines.

I guess we will just submit our papers in Hungary as you have said it is easier there, and maybe get married in Germany?

I was checking some other blogs and some process that was mentioned was:
1. get my documents ready ( passport, certificate of no marriage, if single, etc)
2. send the documents to Hungary so that my husband to be can submit it to- where? local municipal hall in Hungary??- its where he can get the permit to marry here in the Philippines
3. the office in Hungary will send the permit to marry here in the Philippine Embassy?
4 Once approved we can get marry

I can then request for a visa to join my husband in Germany.

Is this a correct process? I am not sure about it all thats why I am putting a question mark to every statement :(

I really need your assistance.

Thank you in Advance!

Kind Regards,
Maureen

Hi Mymauimau,

I'm also a Filipina with a Hungarian boyfriend and we are planning to get married here (in the Philippines) soon. I'm hoping you can help me with what documents you needed to get married.

I'm assuming your Hungarian fiance also needed to get a Legal Capacity to Marry from his embassy...what documents did he need to submit to get this? Hungary doesn't have an embassy here in the Philippines, only an honorary consulate and they pointed us to the one in Indonesia.

Thanks. Will appreciate it very much if you can share the processes you went through to get married.

kay

Plus a lot of money was spent on translation as only OFFI(legal translation office in Hungary) certified copies are accepted here.

I am interested to know how much OFFI charge. I don't like the idea that everything has to be certified by them (the word monopoly and dictatorship spring to mind)!

petercori wrote:

Plus a lot of money was spent on translation as only OFFI(legal translation office in Hungary) certified copies are accepted here.

I am interested to know how much OFFI charge. I don't like the idea that everything has to be certified by them (the word monopoly and dictatorship spring to mind)!

Several years ago I had my marriage certificate translated for some reason or another (forgotten why). It cost about 30K HUF for a single sheet of paper.   Expensive and rather pointless but that's HU for you.  It did have nice braided thread attached and some wax seal on it.  Total waste of money really but with that stamp, seal, thread, it was what they needed so it did the job. Never needed it since.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it is the same in the UK. £250 to get a similar paper done via Notary. As you said, waste of money to some degree but it gets the job done.

Their rates are on their website. The particular rate depends on the source language, but it's charged by character-count. Including spaces!

I haven't used them yet, so I can't say whether or not they stick to their posted rates.

zif wrote:

it's charged by character-count. Including spaces!

Including spaces?

Good grief. 

They must think there might be some sort of hidden code in the whitespace.

So how much would they charge to translate a blank A4 sheet of paper  :lol: .......and you know they would  :joking:

petercori wrote:

So how much would they charge to translate a blank A4 sheet of paper  :lol: .......and you know they would  :joking:

If you read the blank sheet of paper backwards, you would probably find hidden messages (see Backmasking).  It costs extra to read backwards in HU.  I bet Arabic costs a huge amount more than say German or English.

It looks like Arabic would be something like twice the cost of German:

http://www.offi.hu/attested_translation_prices

The rule about counting spaces isn't on that page, but hidden in the terms and conditions:

"The  prices  of  translations  shall  be  based  on  the  number  of  target  language  characters (including  spaces),  except  for  online  orders,  where  the  prices  are  based  on  source  language characters  or  the  Parties'  separate agreement."

http://static.offi.hu/media/1/6/4/164.pdf

zif wrote:

From this web site:

Net price of attested translation (HUF per target language  character)
Number of working days    
English
10     4,5    
5     6,75    
3     7,88    
1     9,00    

FWIIW (for what it is worth), my wife does professional translations (she is even listed here). For Hungarian to English she charges 17 Euro cents per word, which, by the way, is not an uncommon international professional rate when you include proof reading. If assuming the average English word is 5 characters, that would be  3.4 HUF per character. So the 10 day rates from the official translation office are not really that absurd. For rush orders, doubling the rate is a bit high. My wife only charges 30% more.

Hello klsallee. How can we contact your wife for the translation of documents, like email address or skype.

Not related to the topic of Visas but oh boy, OFFI knows how to charge prices that are not on par with their services. I'll give you my experience:

I sent my documents over to my fiancé to have them all translated (5 in total - 4 English and French and 1 Vietnamese). The English documents weren't really an issue to translate since I'm sure they have to do that kind of thing all of the time but they gave us the hardest time with my Vietnamese document. For starters, it cost twice as much to translate it which, I get; not a common language over there. However, the woman who was working at the office had seemed like she had no idea how to translate it and even asked my fiancé if I could translate it into English for them because they couldn't read the document!! I scanned a copy of an English translation of it and told them to zoom in and it seemed to work.

So in conclusion, the service was crap - the lady had no idea what she was doing. Also, as the only official translation office that the government recognizes, they don't translate as well as you would expect them to (and asked me to do it but still charging that ridiculous rate!!!!) I have a feeling that they just plug the words into Google Translate and go from there. Lazy, unprofessional, shite quality and expensive as hell  (it cost is 400 CAD~ for everything). It's unfortunate that you have to use their services - like a necessary evil.

xzharism wrote:

Hello klsallee. How can we contact your wife for the translation of documents, like email address or skype.

Either:

- contact her directly by going to the expat-blog.com Translators and Interpreters in Hungary directory, locate the entry "Added by klsallee", and click on "send message". Her business phone number is also listed. She will answer in Hungarian, but just start talking in English, she is fluent.

or

- click on my image to the left, and then click on the "send a message" button and send your contact info and I will forward it to my wife.

what if i have a professional translated documents translated to Hungarian in Egypt through a certified translator is it applicable to present in Hungary ?

muhammed-tal3t wrote:

what if i have a professional translated documents translated to Hungarian in Egypt through a certified translator is it applicable to present in Hungary ?

No, I think not.  Has to be through the official translation office. You might be able to give it to them to help them and they will redo it in their format and charge you the same as if they had translated it. 

Last time I was involved with them, the format of their translations is on strangely designed paper with odd formatting, with ribbons/coloured string attached to make it look fancy.   Pointless really.

VeeBee wrote:

So in conclusion, the service was crap - the lady had no idea what she was doing. Also, as the only official translation office that the government recognizes, they don't translate as well as you would expect them to (and asked me to do it but still charging that ridiculous rate!!!!) I have a feeling that they just plug the words into Google Translate and go from there. Lazy, unprofessional, shite quality....

Do not blame the person in the office too much. It is the system here. The "Peter Principle" and all its corollaries, compounded by nepotism and cronyism (and a few others "isms").

If you plan to move to Hungary, you need to get use to that. If you get easily annoyed by such things, Hungary might quickly drive you nuts.

Apparently there is a procedure by which they will review and attest a translation made by someone else for a slightly lower fee, at least in the case of some documents. See "Prices and pricing of attested revision (attestation of translations submitted by customers)" at the bottom of the page:

Hello. How things going? Message me if you need any help. I just married here in the pinas this year with a Hungarian.