Visiting HCMC in January !!

Hello all,

Name is Chris. I am from New Jersey originally and sort of still am. I work in Afghanistan doing fire fighting for the US military (civilian though). I will be visiting HCMC in January for 10 nights at least and traveling mostly solo. I fly in on the 5th and can't wait !!
  I was wondering if there are any good areas I could get a good 5 to 10 mile run in at ? I did find the site of a hash group over there and I am going to try and get up with them but anymore help would be great!

I was also curious if anyone would like to grab some cocktails or can recommend a good pub or club to go to. Prefer the pub scene more. I am up for anything though even site seeing of course.

Thanks Everyone !!

Chris

Welcome to HCMC!  I am a foreigner myself but welcome anyway!  Lol...

For drinks, I like Vasco (74 Hai Ba Trung (HBT), across from Park Hyatt hotel), where its a good combination of restaurant, pub, live music and club.

If you do not like it or maybe the place is just not its usual self (it happens), you can always roam around the street of HBT where you will find various bars and pubs with good music and crowds. From no-nonsense relax bars like Lavish, or alittle upmarket ones like Xu lounge, you will definitely find something for the night.  Avoid those bars with dark glass doors though - I am sure you know what is behind them.  *wink*

zirhk3355

Thanks for the information ! I am excited for this trip and the new experiences I will have. I am still trying to figure out if I should just book a hotel before my arrival or get one when I arrive. Or maybe just book one for a night or two and see if I like anything better or more affordable.

Thanks Again !!

Chris

Chris, yep book one night or two somehwere in D1 would be a good idea,closer to amenities and it is downtown area. Welcome to HCMC..have fun!