Tickets and Fines

Hey Guys!
Do you know how much is the fine for having 2 people more than the number of seat belts in a car? Thanks !! I hope its not too much xD

Hi sfal ,

how many seat belts do you have in your car ? How did someone get to stop you on that issue ? -)))

Was your car overloaded?

Cheers
Ricky

you may also be charged for having no valid insurance

What a strange question. I thought wearing a seat belt while at the back of the car is not enforced?

Myrkur wrote:

What a strange question. I thought wearing a seat belt while at the back of the car is not enforced?

correct, but the issue here appears to be having more passengers in a car than legally allowed

Hey guys , what i meant is that the number of passengers is detemined by the number of seat belts.There where 2 extra pesons in the car and the police stopped us. Insurance and license are valid. So i would like to now how much is the fine for 2 extra persons in a car thanks

you still dont say whether the car has only two belts (maybe in front _ and none in the back - or are you really saying you had 6 or 7 in a 4 or 5 seat/with belts car....sounds like a case of overloading to me and that sounds dangerous and silly to have done.

insurance can be invalidated by having too many people in the car

as for the validity of your insurance etc - that i suggest is  dependant on whether or not you had the allowable number of passengers in the car....e.g what would the insurance company fork out for had you had a fatal accident and all passengers were killed  including the two more than you had room for?

Hi sfal,

You can check out the possible fines on this link:

https://les.gov.mt/detailedinfo.aspx

It would appear to be between €11,65 and €58,23 for overloading or for driving without insurance (due to overloading).

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Very much Ricky..you were really helpful :)

You're welcome -)))

But don't do it again.... the risk really is just to high !

Cheers
Ricky

That's for sure :) Thanks again