Peru

I am a new member. I am a 61-year-old grandmother of two addorable small girls. They live in Lima, Peru with their parents, my son and his wife.

As retirement approaches, I am looking to move to Peru. However, it will not be Lima. I am investigating the Chiclayo area. The climate, temperature, altitude, and polution level is perfect there. I would like to learn more about the safer, better places to live there as I am really concerned about that. I am afraid I will be thought of as "the sola gringa" from the US. I am practical enough to be concerned with the cost of living. From all I have read, the people of Chiclayo are well-known for their hospitality and kindness.

Hasta luego!
Lita

Dear Lita,
If you are plannig to stay in Lima at any time, I am renting my furnished apartment in the district of La molina, in a nice a safe area, check my blog in this forum, under my nickname rosshys, or send me a email for more info [email protected],
good luck in your moving to Peru.
sherly.

Thank you for the offer. I must decline for now as I am not moving for 3.5 years when I retire. However, I may look you up at that time and see if it is available again.
Thanks for writing. It is the first time I have heard from anyone on this site. And, feel free to write me anytime at [email protected]