Need help in Tokyo

Hi everyone,

Today, I am posting here because I need help. I live in Belgium and have no friends in Japan.
But 4 years ago, I was approched by a company (First Prime Group) base in Tokyo which told be they could invest money for me. I sent them money and never saw it back.

Two weeks ago, I was contacted to tell me First Prime Group has gone bankruptcy and they were liquidating the accounts and there was still part of my money. I just have to first pay the "administration fee" to a third-party agent before they can transfer the amount. But of course, I do not trust them, so I need to check some information in Tokyo before I sent anymore money.

This is the part where I need help :-D

They told me the receiver appointed by the court was Uri Goldberg. If this is true, I should be able to verify this information and contact this man. But I have no idea how..
Does someone know which administration I can call ? Or any website ? Or even check for me if this guy does exist, is really a receiver, and if he is working on the bankruptcy of First Prime Group ?

I really need help on this because I have really no experience in Japan and know nothing about it.
I would really, really appreciate any king of help.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gregory.

Hello,

As you suspected, this is a scam.  You can find details about this type of scam ("Cold Calling") at the website for the Japanese Government's "Financial Services Agency" here:  fsa.go.jp/en/refer/cold/index.html#Attachment

If you scroll down the list of suspected scammers, you will see First Prime Group listed.

I'm sorry you lost money to this scam originally; but at least you can save yourself from losing more by ignoring these people's attempts to get additional money from you now.

Best,
Margie

Thanks for these information.