Create an Event

In our Shanghai Community we become quite active on this Web-Blog. So the biggest Problem is to organize the events, as we do this at the moment just in one treat.
2 Suggestions to solve a bit this problem.

1. (the easier part) - can the order of post be changed. So that the latest post is at the beginning, and not on page xyz at the end.

2. would be nice to have a tool like on the Ning plattforms where you can create individual events. They will appear up to the date of the event. And after that they just dissapear and the Member can concentrate on the next event.

Thanks for your suggestion Asmus!

Harmonie.:)

Hi Asmus,

very good suggestions indeed. We've been thinking about developing an "event" feature for a while now. Our engineers are currently super busy (we're hiring), but I'd like to start the development of this feature before the end of the year.

In the meantime, maybe you should create new topics for each event ? Maybe it could be a good start ?

HI Julien,
thanks for your Answer (Hamonie, thanks as well) and good to hear that you working on it. I know that it is a taff job to develop this website. Good job so far.
We was thinking about this already in SH. But then our forum would mess up very soon by so many topics. Is it possible to give one of our active SH Members Moderator status? So she/he could delet the event post after that event is pasted. Otherwise new members get crazy in SH Forum. Let me know your thoughts. Maybe there is even an other way to do.

I think we could stick / unstick events topics ?

(future events will be sticked and passed events will be unsticked)

We should also invite members to subscribe to the forum in order to receive the latest news ;)

please let me know what you think,

Julien

@Julien:
So you will do the sticking job for all Cities on your Blog in future. Good luck with this. I did an eventboard for while on SHStuff (only for Shanghai and non-profit events. It took me a while every day to uptdate it. And on SHStuff it is much easier to find new events than on Expat-Blog.
Seems it is easier that we just wait until your new tool is finished.
For the Forum to subscrib would be ok for some ppl. But for Members like me, who gets already xy mails every day ... sorry, then it is better to take a look in the Forum and see whats new :-)

As I said, I will wait for the new tool. Take your time and do it a good way. We can handle to wait and organize as we did so far.

Thanks for your feedback Asmus, yes, we'll do our best to develop a good tool :)

Sorry Buddy, but you wanted to stick all events from SH Forum and unstick them again.
But I sended you only one Blog yesterday in two messanges which is really importend to all foreigners in China and so far it is not sticked. How you would handle it if we really start to add every event as a seperate blog and ask you to stick it? Just wondering and hope that you stick the Blog about the restaurants. I will create now a blog in every City. Think it is really importent to let the ppl know.
I wish you a nice day and a good start for the coming weekend.

Hi Asmus,

I read your message yesterday, and wondered if it would be relevant for the whole community, or not. I decided to wait one day or two and see if the topic receives enough views to be sticked.

Don't worry, I keep an eye on this

Take care,

Julien

Hi Julien,

I understand that you don't want to stick all trash. And thanks that you sticked it now already.
But I wonder what is really important for an Expat Website, if the ppl can not get help from each other. No matter if many members take a look in the first moment or not. Guess more ppl will take a look on a sticked Blog. Think that is the idea behind stick something.
And if 3 stupid, but well dressed white Expats steal hundreds and thousands of Expat Mobile Numbers in Shanghai .... I think that is really something where the whole Community should help and Restaurants in other chinese Cities should be warned about. At the end this stuff is bad for all white Expats in China. If this things happen more often without catching those guys, the Chinese will talk bad about all Expats. Same as it is in all western countries if the criminals coming from one group again and again. So, I think we as Expats (Foreigners) should help each other to get a good reputation in our host countries.

I do care about if someone pointing the finger on me and saying "hey, take a look on this white guy. They even start now to steal the thing from their own Community. Even they are so f...king ritch. Why they are still in China?"

Just my thoughts to this. Thanks again that u choose to stick it.

Have a nice weekend,
Asmus

Julien wrote:

Hi Asmus,

very good suggestions indeed. We've been thinking about developing an "event" feature for a while now. Our engineers are currently super busy (we're hiring), but I'd like to start the development of this feature before the end of the year.

In the meantime, maybe you should create new topics for each event ? Maybe it could be a good start ?

Hi Julien,

definitely agrees with Asmus, I did posted topic for trekking and was thought that I was advertising. I would really suggest that you have area of Event where everybody can check out and join..

Cheers:)

Meet other expats and join the events

OR