Upload profile image -- inconsistant behaviour

The upload profile image functionality doesn't seem to work consistantly across file formats -- I attempted uploading several correctly sized jpgs and all resulted in a resized (to a bizarre aspect ratio) image, however an identical image uploaded as a png worked fine.

The jpg was 100x133 at 24345b
The png was 100x133 at 33494b

I can provide the original files if required.

Hello seb_lau!

There is nothing abnormal with your picture.

Harmonie.:)

Hi Harmonie,

It appears to be a caching issue, when you upload a new image the same file name is being assigned (hence why it appeared to work when I uploaded a png instead of jpg, it had cached the incorrectly sized first jpg I had uploaded)

Maybe a pragma-nocache or forced refresh after uploading a new image on the Update Profile page is in order?

Regards,
Seb

Hi seb_lau,

Thank you for the information you brought to us.

We are already aware of this problem and it is on our development cycle.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Christophe
Technical team

I don't know why I can't change my profile photo, I tried to upload a new photo, it was loading ... loading ... then come back to the old photo.
Admin, Mod ..., please help me!

hi teem ..
for several times i have been trying to upload my profile pic...and i keep on recieving an email "YOUR PIC DOESNT FIT OUR CRITERIA" !!!

what kind of criteria is that?

I have also tried to change my profile picture. No matter what picture I attempted to upload, my original picture reappears. Sometimes it is a warped version of the original picture, but the the same image every time. I finally deleted my picture altogether.  It would be great if someone could tell me how to remedy this issue!

Thanks!

Hi crittle73, after uploading your picture, you must do a hard refresh ( ctrl+F5 ).

Hope this helps,
Harmonie.

Thanks! I will try that when I'm back on my PC. I'm currently replying from my phone.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR