Heading to Libya

Salams!

I hope you're all well! My name is Aslan, I'm a revert that was born and raised in Australia thinking of heading to Libya to see the situation and also to see if I can help.

I used to teach English at Berlitz in Syria and would love to be able to teach in Libya, I heard there is a Berlitz there but their website is down.

Does anyone have any information they could provide me with?

Pakistan Community School is the only English medium school operational in Tripoli for now. They have a huge waitlist of students trying to get admission and are looking at the option of starting an afternoon shift to cope with the excessive demand.

I am sure they will be interested in hiring good qualified instructors.

You can contact the embassy (it is open) to discuss your prospects if you are interested.

Siddiqui

@ Sidaqq are u safe in Libya now becuase my tunsian frind was in Tripoli 2 days ago and his feedback not ok and said all libyan olding guns and most of houses empty and prices are high and not safe like past and my company called me today to be back to libya but this infromations from my friend make me feel worry about lie there so what is your comment ??

It's okay in my opinion. Things are more expensive for sure, some items are almost double price but it will eventually go back to normal once supplies start going in and people return to work in shops and other services.

Does anyone know whether incoming mail is working normally?

Salams! Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking of teaching adults conversational English, pronunciation, etc. Is that not viable?

Also, I hear the cost of living there is comparable if not more than Western countries, is that true?

Hi Aslan - I worked at Berlitz Libya until the end of February as an English Teacher, at which time the office was closed down and we were all evacuated.  I am planning to go back soon.  However, Berlitz Libya is not yet up and running, and I am not sure when it will be.  I will be going back in December for a short while to help out with humanitarian aid, and then permanently in around July/August next year.  If you want to keep in contact with me privately, so that I can let you know developments in that area, please PM me and ask to be my friend.

Thank you - and hope to see you in Libya soon!!  :-)

Jenni

Sorry one more thing, Aslan - until February this year the cost of living was WAY cheaper than anyt western country i have ever known!!!  You could live quite comfortably (as a single person, that is), on about LYD 800 - 1000 pm - and save the rest.  That of course depends on whether or not your emnployer provides you with free accommodation or not.  Berlitz Libya did, so we were able to live very comfortably on our salaries.

Please PM me any further questions you may have about the company or living in Tripoli - I was there for 16 months and absolutely LOVED it!!!  made many local friends, and cant wait to go back - Libya is now my second home.

Jenni Red wrote:

Sorry one more thing, Aslan - until February this year the cost of living was WAY cheaper than anyt western country i have ever known!!!  You could live quite comfortably (as a single person, that is), on about LYD 800 - 1000 pm - and save the rest.  That of course depends on whether or not your emnployer provides you with free accommodation or not.  Berlitz Libya did, so we were able to live very comfortably on our salaries.

Please PM me any further questions you may have about the company or living in Tripoli - I was there for 16 months and absolutely LOVED it!!!  made many local friends, and cant wait to go back - Libya is now my second home.

Thanks Jenni! I have sent you a PM!