Western food in GZ

Hi everybody.

I enjoy very much my staying in GZ. Despite what many people say about the city (ugly, polluted, etc...), I think there are a lot of charming places to see, but most of them are somewhat hidden and have to be discovered.

My main problem (so far), is the food. I miss a lot of things from France, such as cheese and charcuterie. I know you can find some of them at supermarkets, but most of the time they are low quality products with a high quality price...

And it seems very difficult too to prepare some dishes since you cannot easily find some important items such as vinegar, thyme, laurel or other culinary herbs or the different spices that we use (but the chinese don't)

I would like to start a poll of some sort about the food from our respective countries that we don't have here (or that's too expensive or low quality) and that we miss the most... It could be interesting to see what's important for which country

I begin with what i miss the most :
cheese (roquefort, camembert, gruyère)
charcuterie (french, italian or german)
chocolate (to eat or drink, no "chocolate flavor", genuine one)
coffee (ground or beans, pure arabica)
tomato sauce in cans (impossible to find some that is just tomato)
bread (baguette with thick crust)
meat in large pieces that you eat with fork and knife... and roasts too

hi  kikoya,  I'm diamond ,

nice to see you here!

I know that in Guangzhou yi de lu(Import sauce store), there are many shops

selling imported sauces,

If you need to buy sirlion steak, filet of beef, seafood, lamb, and other

frozen products, etc., you can go to huang sha hai xian shi chang.(Seafood

Market):D

Hi,

I'm afraid that is life in China. You're lucky to live in a big city where at least there is Carrefore, Walmart and Tesco which do have some western foods. After you've been here a while, you'll get used to it.

Coffee beans are easy to get. I used to order some from a supplier in Shanghai. I bought a grinder and Japanese coffee maker (called a vacuum pot) - made some lovely, coffee better than at Starbucks. I'm sure there is a supplier here.

Probably in time you will find everything you need.

Geof