Interesting Investment/Way to lose money?

If any member ends up buying this property, do let us all how it goes...could well be a good investment, for an owner-occupier.

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : sales adverts link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It's on lots of sites

The photos suggest the area is a dump

@JimJ

Have you been to Bobov Dol? :-)

We might have some fans here, but I'm not holding my breath.

In fairness, I haven't been there either. But I know what's there, and I'll hazard a guess that when potential Bulgarian expats weigh up a nice beach pad on the Black Sea... or the open-air delights of the beautiful Pirin, Balkan, and Rodope Mountains... or the quaint old town vibe of Plovdiv, Sozopol, Nesebar, Veliko Tarnovo... or moving next door to one of the most polluting power stations in the Balkans... one of them comes last with "null points". :-)

Hmm, I think properties there are cheap for good reason, aren't they?

Though that does look better than the other things I've seen for sale there, and is in the actual town.

For a while people were trying to sell apartments in the old apartment blocks out near the power station. Those were serious heartsinks, with so many unemployed men hanging around outside.

There's some potential in the property, and the price isn't exorbitant, but the location certainly doesn't float my boat.  If I thought it were an unmissable deal, then I certainly wouldn't be chucking the information about on the Internet1f609.svg, but it might well appeal to someone who has different priorities to mine; "there's a passenger for every tram", as they say in Bulgaria.

I'm sure that someone will go for it - and probably be either happily living in it, or offloading it themselves, in a few years....

It's certainly a good price for such a large property, which looks to have been reasonably well renovated and fitted out. It needs an idealistic new owner who will look past the immediate surroundings to the mountain view!

High unemployment doesn't necessarily mean a high crime rate, despite the frequent correlation. It could in fact be a perfectly nice place to live.

Maybe Bobov Dol will become the new Bulgarian property hot spot. The sellers trying to shift those apartments said so, and they wouldn't lie, would they? ;)

@janemulberry

To be fair, there are plenty of tourist attractions in Bobov Dol: the coal mine, the prison...um did I mention the coal mine? 

And of course, the greatest living Prime Minister, and failed Presidential "(No, of course I'm NOT running on a hidden DPS ticket") candidate, Plamen Oresharski, was born there.  You MUST have heard of him?  Mr "Open Mike Foot In Mouth" Finance Minister; Mr "What World Financial Crisis?" of 2008; Mr "As Prime Minister I Nominate Delyan Peevski To Head DANS - Oh, They're Investigating Him, Are They?"

Never a dull moment in that neck of the woods! 1f602.svg

Wow! With all that action to look forward to there, you are almost tempting me to buy that house. Almost...

@janemulberry

I hear, but haven't investigated at all, that it's also a Paradise of Ethic Diversity, if you catch my drift..who could resist?

I've heard rumours that the Bulgarian Tourist Board is alert to our smack-talking, and is discussing a rebrand to Costa dol Bobov.

They may be on to something, because when I hear "guesthouse with countryside views on the Costa dol Bobov", I'm inclined to think that's probably worth not 70k, but 270k or 370k, at least.