KSA/UAE/UK Dilemma

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing great!

I'm a proud Scotsman who moved  to Dubai in 2019. Recently, I've found myself facing a significant decision. I've met an incredible Saudi woman whom I'm certain I want to build a future with, which means relocating to Riyadh immediately.

My journey has been diverse—I hold a BSc in Physics and have spent the past five years teaching various subjects in the UAE. Despite my fulfilling experiences in education, I've always felt a pull towards project management.

Now, armed with a fresh Masters in Project Management (MSc), I stand at a crossroads. While my academic background is solid, I lack direct corporate experience, especially in project management. I've received countless pieces of advice suggesting that returning to the UK to gain practical experience would be the wisest path. Logically, it seems like the most sensible route for my career, given that entry-level opportunities in the Middle East are often reserved for locals. But therein lies the rub: such a move could jeopardise the very relationship that means the world to me.

So to sum up:

**Background**:

- BSc in Physics and five years of teaching experience.

- Fresh MSc in Project Management, aspiring to transition into a project management role.

- Considering opportunities in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to explore the vibrant project management landscape.

**Seeking**:

- Advice on navigating the job market in Saudi Arabia, especially for expats.

- Insights on building a successful career in project management without direct corporate experience.

- Recommendations for networking, professional growth, and potential job opportunities in the region.

**Key Story**:

- I have recently met an incredible Saudi woman, and I am considering relocating to Riyadh to build a future with her.

- I am eager to learn about the cultural and professional nuances of working in Saudi Arabia, particularly in the context of project management.

**Why Respond**:

- Your expertise and experience can provide invaluable guidance.

- Opportunity to mentor and support a dedicated professional in his career transition.

- Potential for collaboration, networking, and mutual growth in the field of project management.

Your advice, connections, or job opportunities could be the stepping stone towards a fulfilling career in project management. I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes of gaining insights and guidance. If anyone has navigated a similar journey or has expertise in the KSA job market, your input would be invaluable to me. I deeply appreciate your time and consideration. Thank you for being a supportive community!

Thank you for being a part of this supportive community!

To keep it simple, if your personal life is a priority, I would advise you to look for a teaching job.  As a fresh project management grad and with zero experience, you are not likely to have an easy time finding a PM job.   As you said it yourself, you will be restricted to entry level and competing against locals.  The only other way is to explore your networks and maybe someone can help out.