Dating a Saudi man

Hi All, I am new to this group. I am a Canadian living in Riyadh. I work in a publishing house. I am a Punjabi by origin. I met this Saudi guy. He's 29 and I am 25.  We're intending to be in a serious relationship. I have never dated a Saudi before and new to this country. I heard Saudi laws are pretty hard on their citizens marrying other nationalities. He says he's serious and I believe him. Is there something I should be wary of while pursuing this relationship. Please suggest. Any kinds of suggestion/advice is welcome.

Hi All, I am new to this group. I am a Canadian living in Riyadh. I work in a publishing house. I am a Punjabi by origin. I met this Saudi guy. He's 29 and I am 25.  We're intending to be in a serious relationship. I have never dated a Saudi before and new to this country. I heard Saudi laws are pretty hard on their citizens marrying other nationalities. He says he's serious and I believe him. Is there something I should be wary of while pursuing this relationship. Please suggest. Any kinds of suggestion/advice is welcome.

-@Ayeshaaulakh1997

@Ayeshaaulakh1997

cannot suggest you anything but wish you a gold luck

@Ayeshaaulakh1997

Hello Ayesh,

Keep yourself informed about any changes in Saudi laws or regulations that may affect your relationship or marriage plans.

They value manners and respect above all else, his family will be very important to him. Of course - anyone would and should advise you to be aware he can take a second wife so be sure to have an open conversation with him about that.

When Saudi men are serious - they marry and they marry fast. This is my experience. Dating outside of marriage is a touchy and decade-recent illegal subject.