Are we responsible

For the fence that runs along the back of a house backing on to our garden. The fence is partially down but we don't encroach on the path that runs along their north wall. In face before I was here full time the house which gad been for sale for ages had been purchased and improved by a Bulgarian woman and they had installed and internal bathroom with the waste pipe coming out of the north wall and into the ground on the path.  So I'm assuming that as long as they can access the back of the house we or at the moment I don't need to renew the fence.

I dont see Bulgarians giving a monkey about fixing fences. This is another one that gets me proper bamboozled why are we so anal about fences all the time?

I'm not sure if Bulgaria has the same rules as the UK where one landowner is responsible for this section of fence, another is responsible for that bit. It seems to me more likely that whoever wants a fence is the one who pays to get it done. If you both want it repaired, you could come to an arrangement to share the cost. Or if the fence section that's down isn't causing problems for anyone or necessary to keep animals in or out, I doubt you need do anything.

Thank you for your replies

@Kath948381 Sorry Kath I got the hump the other day. All this muck getting slung at the country from people who hardly ever stepped foot here. Jane said it better than me whoever has a problem with the fence is the one who fixes it. So dont worry about it its not your problem. Its a scorcher again today hope your out enjoying yourself.

Hey Mickeyhart  life gets to us all now and then , no problem. Thank you for the advice.

Also my late Mum had loads of relatives with the surname Hart. She lived in a village near the town of Saxmondham.

Oh and it's lovely here as well but I'm inside listening to the radio

10 degrees here in the UK. I wish I was at my village house!

@Kath948381 I sleep with my radio on all night. Helps with the Bulgarsky they say. Are you into podcasts Kath? Check out The Butterfly King all about the Bulgarian royals.